• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Audio on MFX Files

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone ever had issues with importing MFX files and no in camera audio showing up? A coworker of mine is have some issues I've never encountered. The audio shows up as eight empty tracks. My first thought was that there's an import issue or project/timeline settings issue. They let me know, though, that there's no audio showing up when playing in VLC either. Most likely, the camera people didn't record camera audio (even though they thought they were). They shot on a Sony FS7 with a mic feeding directly into camera. Is there some sort of workflow error they might have encountered on recording, or is this a post issue? 

Thanks for your help!

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Since there is no audio in VLC either it seems like a user error done when the clips were shot, iow nothing that can be automagically brought back in post.

Download Sony Catalyst Browse and load the clips there to rule out that VLC might have issues decoding the clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since there is no audio in VLC either it seems like a user error done when the clips were shot, iow nothing that can be automagically brought back in post.

Download Sony Catalyst Browse and load the clips there to rule out that VLC might have issues decoding the clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I'll have them try that out and report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines