• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No CUDA on Mac 10.13

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe answer, I have the same problem with my laptop and dectop ??? please request urgent support from ADOBE!!!

Screen Shot 2018-01-07 at 3.36.07 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-07 at 3.30.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-07 at 3.31.39 AM.png

please request urgent support from ADOBE !!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user forum with supervision from Product Support staff. And a lot of us with some areas of experience and willingness to help troubleshoot for other users.

That explained, I'm all PC based so not much help wit Mac troubles. I know the limits they build into their rigs can make for interesting troubleshooting GPU things.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I've been away from editing for most of the last year so obviously i'm behind on the software. for the most part I've been a solid FCP 7 editor and have refused to use newer software. I have had a pretty good amount of time on PP from cs6 and some CC but again not for a while. Anyways. i'm using a very similar setup to you. Picked up a used MBP a few months ago so its new to me. Had a 2008 loaded MBP previously that finally died. Im working on a project right now and had to use PPCC, my new MB won't run my older software. PP keeps crashing on me after a little while editing. I narrowed the problem down to the graphics card and CUDA. Spent a couple hours trying to get it to work and final came across a solution. hopefully temporarily while adobe fixes it. 

Sounds like Adobe knows and is working on a solution. Just annoying. Switching to metal seem to make PP much slower. I'd love to be able to function at full capacity

" just finished chatting with Adobe Chat support.  I was having a similar issue.  Per my chat, seems like there is an issue with NVIDIA graphics cards that they are working on fixing.

Amit: This is an issue going on with the NVIDIA graphics card

Amit: (21:41:29) You said:

Amit: I will recommend you to please use the metal option for a while

They had me switch my render engine from OpenCL to Metal and it seems to have fixed my problem...at least for now.  He stated that there should be an update pushed out at the end of the month (Amit: A new update will come at the end of this month) that will fix the problems with OpenCL."Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 8.39.18 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has Metal been stable for you? We have very similar computers and the same graphics card. I'm experiencing crash after crash with OpenCL and no CUDA compatibility. Davinci Resolve is also constantly crashing on startup.

I talked to NVIDIA and they assured me I had the most up to date drivers, but I've escalated the discussion to the higher end techs there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have SIP enabled or disabled on your system?  Required to be enabled in 10.13.3 and moving forward for NVIDIA web drivers.

Metal has been barely reliable vs CUDA, OpenCL and Software Only on Premiere.  Many glitches, rendering issues, playback issues, etc when playing/editing timelines in full resolution.  Dropping down to 50%/25% quality helps, but not a massive difference.  CUDA works much better.

My issue is there is no tangible CUDA acceleration in AME CC 2018 with encodes.  That's Adobe's fault according to NVIDIA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've never disabled SIP.

I'd love to have a little reliability, but I crash every time I open the export window when OpenCL is enabled. CUDA doesn't even show up as an renderer option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InfoHalDigital97,

Still having this issue? Let us know!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having this issue.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should update macOS to 10.13.3.

You need to update your CUDA drivers.  Whenever you see that "UPDATE REQUIRED" in the CUDA PrefPane, CUDA (GPU) acceleration is usually disabled in the OS.

Latest NVIDIA CUDA driver for 10.13.3 (17D47):

NVIDIA DRIVERS 387.128

Also suggest running the NVIDIA Web Drivers for better GPU performance, if your machine is compatible (or you're running an NVIDIA GPU without EFI).

The latest NVIDIA Web Driver for 10.13.3 (17D47):

NVIDIA DRIVERS Quadro & GeForce macOS Driver Release 387.10.10.10.25.156

Archive of CUDA drivers for Mac:

CUDA Drivers for MAC Archive|NVIDIA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines