• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No film playing when pressing play

Explorer ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am doing editing for some time and everything works fine but when I leave the PC for a couple of hours and come back I can not play the film, not when I press play or move the timeline ruler, its just black.

I have had some problems also with the software freezing, what can I do?

TOPICS
Editing , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like this, the screen is black although I have clips in the editing area5E673A80-8297-45DA-9DE7-2D7C10B992BE.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start with rebooting computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx. Aktually the program does not close either so I need to terminate it. Is this kind of hang-ups something that will happen regularly with PP? Its annoying and time-consuming. I have already once closed the program (but not reebooted) and the problem goes away, but when I leave the computer the same error appear again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not sure if you already do this but also make sure you render it out by going into sequence and then render in to out, or just pressing enter on your keyboard. Also do you know what your specs are for your computer i.e. CPU, GPU, etc.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a new pc, GPU nvidia GTX 1650. I have not tried to render yet, I have not come so far. I will try to reeboot, its very possible the error  goes away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...

If that doesn't work,try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site. If NVIDIA, do a clean install of the latest Studio Driver (NOT the Game Driver)
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-fix-for-nvidia-gpu-crashes-when-using-a-laptop-on-wi....

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Also, please help us help you:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-what-information-should-i-provide-when-asking-a-ques...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanx! I have reebooted to see if the problem comes back, if it does I try you suggestins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines