Highlighted

No GPU decoding in Premiere??

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved to a custom PC from being a mac user at my post house with the hopes of taking advantage of my Nvidia RTX 2080 super in order my edit my Red Raw 8k files. When I play back my raw files in Red Cine X I can playback full res at 24fps no issue though when I move into premiere, I am suttering all the way down to 1/16 res. When looking at task manager, it seems that my CPU is taking the brunt of the force for decoding though I hav  have hardware acceleration and Mercury Cuda both enabled. I've been told that the GPU acceleration settings only apply to certian video effects that are specifically designed for Acccceleration which makes sense though my main issue comes with the fact that not only Red Cine X handles with files with ease. Davinchi Resolve seems to have no issue editing 8K raw at full speed taking advantage of my GPU for live playback decoding. I would like to stick with premiere since our whole office runs on adobe but I would rather not move to a proxy based system when I know I have the power to play back my full on a different editor. Is this a feature that I can hope to be added to a newer version of Premiere? Thank you! 

TOPICS
Editing, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

No GPU decoding in Premiere??

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved to a custom PC from being a mac user at my post house with the hopes of taking advantage of my Nvidia RTX 2080 super in order my edit my Red Raw 8k files. When I play back my raw files in Red Cine X I can playback full res at 24fps no issue though when I move into premiere, I am suttering all the way down to 1/16 res. When looking at task manager, it seems that my CPU is taking the brunt of the force for decoding though I hav  have hardware acceleration and Mercury Cuda both enabled. I've been told that the GPU acceleration settings only apply to certian video effects that are specifically designed for Acccceleration which makes sense though my main issue comes with the fact that not only Red Cine X handles with files with ease. Davinchi Resolve seems to have no issue editing 8K raw at full speed taking advantage of my GPU for live playback decoding. I would like to stick with premiere since our whole office runs on adobe but I would rather not move to a proxy based system when I know I have the power to play back my full on a different editor. Is this a feature that I can hope to be added to a newer version of Premiere? Thank you! 

TOPICS
Editing, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 29, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can spend $950.00 on a GPU and $350 on a CPU and have an expensive missed matched system.  Or you can spend $500.00 on a CPU and $500.00 on a GPU and have a well balanced system. There is no need for the GPU to do any decoding of the R3D files. Let the GPU handle the effets and let the CPU handle the decoding. Below is an i9 9900K with an RTX 2070.

https://youtu.be/q8x19b09Oqo

This video demonstrates the power of the RTX 2070 and I9 9900k. #REDONE #R3D Monetized links below. RTX 2070 https://amzn.to/36Rlaun i9 9900K https://amzn.to...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He's not asking about buying a new rig with better processor! I bought a ryzen 3900XT and it still runs like crap on premiere compared to every other video editing program. He is asking to please optimize adobe so it can actually utilize more of a better GPU like other video editors do! It would seriously be such an amazing feature. Stop working on features and all these fancy things and make it so i can use my RTX and actually edit more effectively. I do not want to buy a threadripper to do some video editing just because ADOBE isn't optimized for it. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0