Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Hardware acceleration

Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I Updated to the new Version of Premiere Pro CC and now i have no Hardwareacceleration support.

I can't change it because its greyed out the Option.

My Cpu: I7 4790k

Gpu: 1080ti

Ram: 32gig

Anyone have a fix for this?

Sorry for my bad Englisch ^^

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

The Intel hardware-accelerated H.264 encoder that's in the CC 2018.1 version of Premiere Pro is compatible only with the 6th-generation or later Intel I-series CPUs with integrated Intel HD or UHD Graphics 500- or 600-series enabled. It has nothing to do with the MPE GPU acceleration for the discrete GPUs. You have only a 4th-generation Intel i7 CPU, which automatically disqualifies your system from enabling hardware acceleration of H.264 encodes.

Again, this has nothing to do whatsoever with the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope it doesn't work...

I try now an clean installation of Premiere Pro CC and Media Encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works with 6th and 7th Gen processors only, I do believe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking GPU hardware support/acceleration, or H.264 hardware acceleration? Those are two different things.

The first is an option in the Project settings dialog, the second in the Preferences/Media dialog.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I talk about Exportsettings then encoding settings and there is is the first tab that say "only Software" and i can't change it.

When i left my Cursor over it, it tells me: No Hardwareacceleration available. No Supportet Hardware found.

When i Render my Videos from Media Encoder i can check GPU- Acceleration BUT when i start my Encoding then u have at the bottom Infos about the Video and there is shown "only Software".

While Rendering my CPU is up  too 100% and my GPU at 37%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Intel hardware-accelerated H.264 encoder that's in the CC 2018.1 version of Premiere Pro is compatible only with the 6th-generation or later Intel I-series CPUs with integrated Intel HD or UHD Graphics 500- or 600-series enabled. It has nothing to do with the MPE GPU acceleration for the discrete GPUs. You have only a 4th-generation Intel i7 CPU, which automatically disqualifies your system from enabling hardware acceleration of H.264 encodes.

Again, this has nothing to do whatsoever with the MPE GPU acceleration for renders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay thx now i get it ^^.

I tought this where the same.

Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I wonder if all problems above would be solved if you would downgrade to an older version of PP, is that true?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That wouldn't have helped at all. Prior to the version of Premiere Pro (CC 2018.1) that was referenced above, all older versions of Premiere Pro supported only software encoding.

This became a moot point when all subsequent versions of Premiere Pro included the Intel QuickSync hardware H.264/HEVC encoder. However, those people who had systems that either lack or have disabled Intel graphics were still stuck with software-only encoding until mid-May 2020, when the released (non-beta) version of Premiere Pro 2020 version 14.2, which added support for the hardware encoders on most recent Nvidia and AMD discrete GPUs, was released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using the QuickSync encoder without issue until I recently updated to 14.2. Now, selecting the h.264 or h.265 option crashes Premiere. When I switch to software only, it encodes as normal. The switch to from Intel to NVIDIA hardware is causing an issue on export. Perhaps my specs are not compatible with the new change.

Core i7

NVIDIA GT1030

16 GB RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your specs are NOT compatible with the encoder in the new 14.2 version. You see, the GT 1030 itself (and any other Nvidia GPU that's based on the same GP108 chip as the GT 1030) does not support NVENC at all. But in 14.2 the NVENC encoder supercedes QuickSync whenever ANY discrete Nvidia GPU is detected, This will cause issues with some GPUs when hardware encoding is selected (which is always the default whenever a discrete GPU that's supported in the main Premiere Pro program is detected), the only fix for this would be (as you said) switching the encoder to "Software encoding" in the Export settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I suspected. Guess it's back to software mode for me. 

Do you know the list of which cards do support NVENC?

Thank you for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of the Pascal-generation GeForces (the GeForce 10 series):

• GeForce GTX 1050
  • GeForce GTX 1050 3 GB
  • GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
  • GeForce GTX 1060 3 GB
  • GeForce GTX 1060
  • GeForce GTX 1070
  • GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
  • GeForce GTX 1080
  • GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
  • Titan X (Pascal)
  • Titan Xp

Of the newer Turing desktop GPUs (GeForce 16 and 20 series):

• GeForce GTX 1650
  • GeForce GTX 1650 GDDR6
  • GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER
  • GeForce GTX 1660
  • GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
  • GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
  • GeForce RTX 2060
  • GeForce RTX 2060 (TU104; sold by eVGA as the GeForce RTX 2060 KO)
  • GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER
  • GeForce RTX 2070
  • GeForce RTX 2070 (non-SUPER, TU104; sold by eVGA as the GeForce RTX 2070 KO)
  • GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER
  • GeForce RTX 2080
  • GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER
  • GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • Titan RTX

I did not include older GPUs. Only those of your GPU's generation or newer. I also omitted Quadros.

And buying a GT 1030 nowadays is just plain wasteful for the $100 that you'd be paying for it. It is way better to save up another $50 for the GTX 1650 GDDR6 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the list. I'm going to upgrade to a newer card soon. The 1030 came with my system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've just found out about the HARDWARE ENCODING option in Premiere Pro, I have a NVIDA GeForce GTX 1060 but when I try to select 'HARDWARE ENCODING' in export i'm getting 

fault.jpg

Please shed some light on what these setting should be? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not all settings are supported. Post screenshot of export settings.

Make sure Hardware acc. is checked in the Pref.

Install latest nvidia driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I might have worked it out. 

Under 'Format' I had H.265 selected but if my further reading is corrcet I need HEVC(H.265) selecting instead. 

I'm running a test and will let ya'll know if its sorted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool! My gtx 1070 works out of the box on this. I've got a good timeline to test, I'll try to post the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After i update my intel graphic 630 to 27.20.100.8681 version it is not support for hardware acceleration export, and i roll back the driver version to 27.20.100.7990, the hardware acceleration function works again.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The next major release of Premiere Pro is now planned to include hardware NVDEC and VCN decoding support. When this will occur remains to be seen. At that point QuickSync support for both encoding and decoding will be restricted to those Intel-powered PCs without a discrete GPU.

So, when the next major version of Premiere Pro gets released, you may now completely disable the integrated Intel graphics if your system's BIOS permits it as the iGPU will no longer serve any video processing purpose whatsoever. And if you have a laptop without a means of disabling the iGPU, the discrete GPU will now automatically supercede QuickSync for hardware video decoding as well (again, starting with the next major version of Premiere Pro).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the explaination 👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Going back to this post:

It's not Premiere Pro dropping support for QuickSync. It's that all Intel drivers after 27.20.100.8476 broke QuickSync support by requiring that a program be designed for the newer version of the QuickSync toolkit in order to work. Unfortunately, this would break compatibility with older drivers, as far as QuickSync is concerned.

That said, all current released (as opposed to beta) versions of Premiere Pro are stuck with the older QuickSync toolkit, which means that QuickSync will continue to be disabled in Premiere Pro 14.8 (final) with a driver version newer than 27.20.100.8476.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines