Highlighted

no matter the modifier key used, double clicking on a bin loads it in a new tab

Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've got a client who I'm "tutoring" via zoom in Premiere as she edits.  She's got a tricked out imac that's less than 6 months old (I can get the exact specs if necessary).  She had a crash last week, not sure why and the autosaves seemed inconsistently timed but since I wasn't watching over her shoulder, I'm not sure what happened.  Anyway, today as she was working, we started organizing her material and creating bins and subbins.  but although the preferences were set for doubleclicking to open a new window, and option doubleclicking to open a new tab and doubleclicking to open in place, the bin always opened in a new tab.

We reset the preferences but the problem remains...  weird...  And the preferences definitely reset.  I checked a few that I'd customized...  She's been running 2020 but not the latest version.  We just started the install of the latest version and made sure that the previous version was not deleted.  She'll let me know if everything's ok tomorrow.  Any ideas what's going on?  

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

no matter the modifier key used, double clicking on a bin loads it in a new tab

Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've got a client who I'm "tutoring" via zoom in Premiere as she edits.  She's got a tricked out imac that's less than 6 months old (I can get the exact specs if necessary).  She had a crash last week, not sure why and the autosaves seemed inconsistently timed but since I wasn't watching over her shoulder, I'm not sure what happened.  Anyway, today as she was working, we started organizing her material and creating bins and subbins.  but although the preferences were set for doubleclicking to open a new window, and option doubleclicking to open a new tab and doubleclicking to open in place, the bin always opened in a new tab.

We reset the preferences but the problem remains...  weird...  And the preferences definitely reset.  I checked a few that I'd customized...  She's been running 2020 but not the latest version.  We just started the install of the latest version and made sure that the previous version was not deleted.  She'll let me know if everything's ok tomorrow.  Any ideas what's going on?  

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 15, 2020 0
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for everyone's help... not....  just kidding.  I had the client update to the latest version of premiere 2020 and everything's working fine.  But, as always, I told her not to delete the earlier version.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2020 0