Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

no options to do anything in premier pro

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, 

tried to import a file but says file import failure and now i cant close that page and cant open anything else in pro until i close the page??????

thanks 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best way to import files inside PPro (without running into seemingly freezes) is to use the Media Browser panel inside the program. I know PPro is supposed to accept CTRL/CMD+I or drag & drop, but, trust me, the Media Browser is a far safer option. Also, if PPro appears stuck, go fetch a cup of coffee. Often, the program eventually does come back up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have to agree with this, and even I can't break the habit of doing a quick CTRL+I. I still do that for adding a file quickly or something. Media Browser is generally the "intended way" Premiere wants you to add files.

That said, I have had the same issue before as the OP. It seemed to happen consistently in a single project. Couldn't tell what triggered it, but after moving onto a new project it wasn't happening, so it may be a project specific bug as well.

Seconded on the "waiting it out" method too. I can't promise it will fix this, but many Premiere hangs have eventually resolved themselves. Just depends on how much you're willing and able to wait! haha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines