Highlighted

No Playback Premiere CC 2020

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm totally stuck with Premiere 2020. Ever since the new update I have run into issues with playback while I edit. The program itself seems fine. I can drag videos from bins into the sequence, the audio plays, there's no lag or dealy while I maneuver around from the different workspaces, but playback does not show. When I press play, its like the timeline window doesn't get the message and the playhead in the timeline doesn't move, and the image in the playback window is totally frozen. Video playback is totally impossible.

I've tried clearing my media cache, lowering playback resolution, creating proxies, messing with the audio hardware, updating my GPU drivers, and uninstalling/reinstalling Premiere 2020. I get the same results every single time I open premiere. This isn't a particularly beefy project either, just a 4 1/2 minute video with HD footage files, no effects, no graphics, or anything fancy like that. 

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

No Playback Premiere CC 2020

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm totally stuck with Premiere 2020. Ever since the new update I have run into issues with playback while I edit. The program itself seems fine. I can drag videos from bins into the sequence, the audio plays, there's no lag or dealy while I maneuver around from the different workspaces, but playback does not show. When I press play, its like the timeline window doesn't get the message and the playhead in the timeline doesn't move, and the image in the playback window is totally frozen. Video playback is totally impossible.

I've tried clearing my media cache, lowering playback resolution, creating proxies, messing with the audio hardware, updating my GPU drivers, and uninstalling/reinstalling Premiere 2020. I get the same results every single time I open premiere. This isn't a particularly beefy project either, just a 4 1/2 minute video with HD footage files, no effects, no graphics, or anything fancy like that. 

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 03, 2020 0
Enthusiast ,
Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should not update Premiere every time there is  an update.  Wait a while and check the User Forum for any problems Premiere users have with the update.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's pretty wierd stuff, bummer. Of course it's not normal, and most people aren't facing issues like that. 

Did you try any other media beside just the one set? We had someone on recently and when they tried with other media it suddenly worked. Even download a clip from somewhere if you need to. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 03, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there Victoria W!

Sorry for the frustration. Check Preferences > Audio Hardware. If is not set correctly, your playback can be very problematic. Make sure the preference reflects your system audio output. If this is not working, give us full system details and show us screenshots of your Audio Hardware preference.

Thank you so much!
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This advice has saved me from a week of frustration. The simple setting in the Audio Hardware from ASIO to MME, and playback works again. Jeez. Thank you for this helpful comment!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2020 0
Participant ,
Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to import the old project into an new one? I have similar (and other) Problems with the Prp2020, and  that helps, at least for a little while. I hate it, too...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 04, 2020 0