• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No sequence created when I drag a clip from Source Monitor into the Timeline

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am brand new to Premier Pro. I'm watching a tutorial on Lynda.com and following the instuctor's on screen actions.  When she drags a clip into the Timeline from the Source Monitor, a new sequence is created and a sequence icon appears in the Project Panel. This is not happening for me. 

BUT when I drag the clip from the Project Panel into the Timeline I AM able to create a new sequence and the sequence icon appears.  I'm hoping this is a Preferences setting issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Issue has 'resolved itself', though for the life of me I don't know how.  I re-downloaded the set of practice files related to the tutorial videos and now I am able to replicate the instructor's experience.   Thanks to the forum members who chimed in with their support.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Automate to Sequence little icon under the arrow drag your media to it and the sequence is created.

Automate-to-Sequence.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the thoughtful reply...

The 'Automate to Sequence' icon you're pointing to is inert if there's no sequence on the Timeline, but it does work once I've created a sequence, which is nice feature to know, thank you.

But I am still unable to create a sequence by dragging a clip from the Source Monitor directly to the Timeline, which is the action I am trying to replicate from the instructional video. 

At least I am able to create a sequence by dragging the clip from the Project Panel onto the Timeline, that's good enough for now. 

Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume Bill meant the new item icon. All 3 are working for me (PR CC 2017.1.2 and I think recent previous versions).

Drag from source monitor to timeline.

Drag from project panel to timeline.

Drag from project panel to new item icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Issue has 'resolved itself', though for the life of me I don't know how.  I re-downloaded the set of practice files related to the tutorial videos and now I am able to replicate the instructor's experience.   Thanks to the forum members who chimed in with their support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines