• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Sequence Settings CS6

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings, Earthlings! I see others have encountered a Sequence dialogue box that won't allow manual changes in frame size, Editing Mode or even let you create a custom size. That won't do. 
If there isn't a fix for that (There is. There must be!) is there a preset that is 1280h by 720w? 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can't you create a new sequence preset with your desired settings?    If you are having problems post back and I'll walk you thru it.  Also if you have a clip with the desired settings, select the clip in the bin, control click on it and choose "create sequence from clilp"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That last part works. I did it by dragging an asset to the New Item button.
Still bemused that there isn't a write-in box for format size. And why is
Editing Mode gray and gloomy?

Not sure what version of PP I have. It came with CS6 but some of the CS5
manuals are more accurate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you open sequence settings, make sure your editing mode is set to custom so you can input the values manually.

temp.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Love to oblige but that whole dialogue is grayed-out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you going File-->New-->Sequence?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  That's the dialogue that's shut down. I found it works to import a piece that's at least the right frame rate, dimensions and orientation. Whatever else is written for the resident codec is, like the rest of this topic, a mystery to me. I'd love to find a chapter that explains all of the details of the presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for not clearly understanding:  so, File-->New-->Sequence is greyed out, meaning you can't create a new sequence that way?  And ALSO, once a sequence is created (by, as you said, importing a clip that's the right frame rate, etc you're finding that Sequence-->Sequence Settings is also greyed out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 2.40.41 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-24 at 2.47.31 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In CS6 which you are using you cannot change settings.

But you can set any setting you want in a new sequence.

Set it to Setting and editing mode to Custom.

afbeelding.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines