• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No sound in playback Premiere Pro 2020

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no sound in playback in Premier Pro 2020. Tried different options such as mute/unmute, solo/unsolo, duplicate sequence etc. suggested online - nothing works! Please help me soliving this problem..

Title edited by mod

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Hi Larisa!

Welcome to the community. This is strange that audio in the media file does not playback in Premiere Pro.

We would need more info to understand it.

You may try this step and see if it works:

Go to Edit > Preferences > Audio Hardware >  switch Default Input to No Input.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Larisa!

Welcome to the community. This is strange that audio in the media file does not playback in Premiere Pro.

We would need more info to understand it.

You may try this step and see if it works:

Go to Edit > Preferences > Audio Hardware >  switch Default Input to No Input.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kartika!

Thansk for gettting back to me! It is version 14.0.1, sorry for not mentioning it before. I'm using MP4 video files. 

Changing Default Input to No Input worked!!

Thank you so much 😊 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to help 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kartika,
I am also experiencing no audio playback ever since I installed Premier Pro 2020 (14.3). I tried setting default input to no input already however it still doesn't work. I tried restarting PC, uninstalling, re-installing Premier Pro 14.3, switching default system audio from headphones to monitors as well as to display audio (audio works when toggling volume in system tray and outside of premier)  No audio at all. Audio drivers are all up to date. Device class is MME. Audio works when I switch to old Premier 2019 with the same exact setting. Any advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, fresh install on a new macbook pro. Mac OS 10.15.5 and PPro 14.3.0, meters are running no output, not through any output in the audio hardware section, no matter input set to none, or any whatsoever. Audio works fine in any other program including prelude. Can't even output the audio from the clips from the start up guide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following link solved it for me:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/40102288-no-sound-output-fr...

Go "to "Preferences>Playback..." and under "Audio Device" make sure it says "Adobe Desktop Audio""

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found somthing for my case.  I'm importing Canon Log lite files.  It is great that Premiere Pro seems to "support" this format. How ever I think over the last couple of months, the abiliy to use this *.crm files has greatly deminished on my machine.  I don't know when as I was doing a few Landscape projects, editing in a backround track after final published format or adding sounds in AfterEffects. 

So, the deal was Audio would not continue past a few seconds during playback.  I might have had more than 6 audio tracks but that didn't matter as not even one would continue past a few seconds.  Starting and stoping playback, the problem continued. 

I swapped page files and rebooted. 

I changed the page file to a 1tb M2 drive

Moved the project to an SDD drive.

Greatly reduced the number of services

Ruduced the number of Monitors.

Deleted and reinstalled Premiere and used without effects suites installed.

Took a few long walks around the block to blow off steam.

The machine:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESKTOP-F4TKJ50
System Manufacturer System manufacturer
System Model System Product Name
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU ASUS_MB_KBLX
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9980XE CPU @ 3.00GHz, 3000 Mhz, 18 Core(s), 36 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0602, 10/04/2019
SMBIOS Version 3.0
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode Legacy
BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoard Product ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME OMEGA
BaseBoard Version Rev 1.xx
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State Unsupported
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United Kingdom
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.18362.752"
Username DESKTOP-F4TKJ50\Bear
Time Zone SE Asia Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 128 GB
Total Physical Memory 128 GB
Available Physical Memory 120 GB
Total Virtual Memory 1.00 TB
Available Virtual Memory 0.99 TB
Page File Space 898 GB
Page File I:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA Protection Off
Virtualisation-based security Not enabled
Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and the device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA-capable bus/device(s) detected, TPM is not usable
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualisation Enabled in Firmware Yes
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

So...

With the new Support of the *.crm files (canon log lite, 1GB/sec, 12bit) I was enamered by the ability to scrub through these whole files real time.  When in fact if you editing talkie pictures with these large files and you want to edit with sound tracks, I found simply that I had to go back and make proxies.  After that and using proxies, Audio worked as it should, even with many Audio tracks. 

Hope this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This helped soooooooooo much! Thnak you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm working on the 14.0 right now with the same problem and none of the solutions above have worked for me. When the media is in my library, it plays back with full sound, however when I try to move and edit it, there's no sound at all. Is this a conversion issue? I tried using the bars and tone and the sound playback was great, but still my own videos are completely silent. Is there another solution out there? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines