• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No VBR dual pass for H.265 hardware encoding, stay with H.264 ?

Advocate ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious why the new PPro 14.3.1  is now hooked up to AMD Rzyen for hardware encoding, but it won't do Dual Pass VBR in H.265 ?  Only single pass for H.264.

I thought dual was always the way to go for bluray creation. 

Does the H.264 work with hardware encoding?  From what I read I didn't think so.

My media is SD old school footage.  I need the dual pass like a fat kid needs cake.

Thoughts?  Opinions?  advice?

Thanks,

Letty

TOPICS
Export , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Joelle had a great bit on the crash part ... but as to that option, it's B ... rather than showing you the start screen, with option for which project, it should then simply open to the project/sequence you were last working on.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Premiere pro usually asks you when you open the program after the crash if you want to recover the latest updated project the one you were using before the crash if you press yes ... the recovery project saves under the name of the same project name with "copy"word (copy of etc.)

but it's always safe to keep the auto save feature on in premiere ..

1 Choose Edit > Preferences > General (Windows) or Premiere Pro > Preferences > General (Mac OS) to open the Preferences dialog box. 2 From the list of categories on the left, choose Auto Save to view the preferences for how Premiere Pro automatically backs up your files.

Change the value of the Automatically Save Every property to 10 minutes, and then change the value of Maximum Project Versions to 20 and click OK. This increases the frequency of the Auto Save function, while creating more project versions so you have a greater choice of file back-ups.

Auto Save is helpful when the application closes unexpectedly or you need to return to an earlier version of your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that reply 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did these posts get mixed up somewhere?  I'm seeing a question about H.264 two-pass hardware encode and an answer about auto save and crashes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joelle had a great bit on the crash part ... but as to that option, it's B ... rather than showing you the start screen, with option for which project, it should then simply open to the project/sequence you were last working on.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as always, the Master swoops in the for slam dunk. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines