Highlighted

No VBR dual pass for H.265 hardware encoding, stay with H.264 ?

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious why the new PPro 14.3.1  is now hooked up to AMD Rzyen for hardware encoding, but it won't do Dual Pass VBR in H.265 ?  Only single pass for H.264.

I thought dual was always the way to go for bluray creation. 

Does the H.264 work with hardware encoding?  From what I read I didn't think so.

My media is SD old school footage.  I need the dual pass like a fat kid needs cake.

Thoughts?  Opinions?  advice?

Thanks,

Letty

Topics

Export, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

No VBR dual pass for H.265 hardware encoding, stay with H.264 ?

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious why the new PPro 14.3.1  is now hooked up to AMD Rzyen for hardware encoding, but it won't do Dual Pass VBR in H.265 ?  Only single pass for H.264.

I thought dual was always the way to go for bluray creation. 

Does the H.264 work with hardware encoding?  From what I read I didn't think so.

My media is SD old school footage.  I need the dual pass like a fat kid needs cake.

Thoughts?  Opinions?  advice?

Thanks,

Letty

Topics

Export, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put an In mark slightly before the sped up clip and an out mark just after it, then go to the menu Sequence > Render In to Out to generate a preview file for that portion of the timeline.

MtD

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not supported for GPU Hardware Acceleration. Sorry. 1 pass only. It's hard encoded on the chip, so it can't be helped.

Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BluRay is a variation of h264.

h265 will be smaller than h264, even with 1-pass encoding.

h264 and h265 are each fine for transcoding Standard Definition footage.  Be sure to deinterlace it.  If you bake the interlaced fields in, there's no getting rid of them later.

If you're looking to put SD on disc, DVD is the way to go and that is MPEG2.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines