• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No video on exported mp4 - only audio with black screen (I've tried everything suggested in forum)

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help! 

Usual Scenario:

• I edit a 1-hour webinar in Premiere Pro 2020 and export it in Media Encoder 2020. (worked perfectly)

What I've done since it worked perfectly:

• Downloaded the Intel video driver .exe but didn't run it.

Current Problem Scenario and what I've tried to fix it:

• When I upload a 1-hour webinar recording (from Crowdcast) into Premiere, the audio/video are not synced in Premiere. (It is synced in the regular media player.) 
  • To fix the sync/VFR problem, I loaded the video into Wondershare Video Converter and exported it. Audio/video is now synced when I upload to Premiere.
  • When I export the edited video (no settings changed from when it was working perfectly), the mp4 plays as a black screen with audio. There is also an .mv4 file in the folder, which never happened before. When I put the mp4 back into Premiere, it only shows the audio track.
  • Updated my NVIDIA drivers and all Adobe apps, and restarted my computer a few times.

I've read several posts in the forums, checked YouTube, checked Google results, and I don't see anything wrong from what I've read. 

Here are the settings that I have when exporting the mp4 that has black screen with audio. 

Any suggestions or solutions?  THANK YOU IN ADVANCE! 🙂 

screenshot-export-settings_2020-02-11_no-video-black-screen-audio-ok-mp4.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Premiere Pro forum for you, where you are more likely to receive an answer to your question.

Note that the Community Help forum is for help in how to use the Adobe Communities. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, linsims! (new here...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try this.  Change your preview format to a high quality format and then render your entire sequence.  if it all renders, check use previews when you do your export...  If the renders fail, you might render sections to try and isolate the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for the suggestion, however it didn't work. 😞

I tested exporting an older video that had no issues. It exported successfully with video/audio -- the only peculiar thing is that a .pek file was left in my output folder.

With the exported video with blank screen, there is an .m4v file that is created in the output folder, which never happened before.

Does that reveal any issues that I should be looking at?  THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so what happens when you try and render the timeline?  does it work and does it play back properly?  It's never easy to figure out what's going on from a distance and it's only more difficult when you don't explain what happens when you follow a suggestion.  And what happens if you try and play m4v file or bring it back in to premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood, thanks, I will include that information in the future.

It took a couple hours, but yes, I was able to render the timeline successfully. It played back properly, yes. 

I just tried importing the m4v file into Premiere and got this error message:

File Import Failure

Error Message: The file has an unsupported compression type.

Again, when I import the exported mp4 (with black screen) to Premiere, it imports as audio only.

Does this shed light on my problem? TIA...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i know im late but for those out there who still searches for the answer, its because u click not on the timeline workspace. u need to click at the timeline thing, then export, it wudnt be a blackscreen anymore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i choose the timeline workspace but still cant work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Never easy to troubleshoot premiere problems from a distance so please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and if you have any 3rd party plugins installed for Premiere... Also, sequence settings and clip properties can also help. Although you can throw almost any format into premiere, some formats can be problematic, particularly on an underpowered system. 

Do any of your sources come from smart phones or screen recordings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines