Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No waveform audio on multicam

Participant ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sometimes the audio waveform just does not show up even thoug there is audio...

I tried selcting the tracks, muting, unmuting, nothing seems to work. How to fix?

2021-01-11 15_12_17-Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 - C__Bolton_Videos_Timo_Loida + Daniel_Projects_Premiere.png

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Have you tried going to Sequence > Render Audio?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried going to Sequence > Render Audio?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much it worked (no for every clips for some reasons but for 99% of them)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine does that too. 'Render Audio' brings it back until the next restart of PP. It's not the most informative screenshot. I take it that really tall track is the MCam audio. I gave up trying to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply, yes the tall track is the MCam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you add any keyframe to any audio clip inside of your multicam sequence, the waveform will just disappear in your main sequence, that's why I never do that.

Besides rendering audio as Phillip suggested you may find right-click on audio and choosing Multi-camera > flatten to be useful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, if you apply any audio effect to any clip in your multicam sequence, the waveform will just disappear in your main sequence, so you may apply those effects in your main timeline to avoid the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting, good to know thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flatten does work thank you for the tip !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome! My advice is: Don't let the waveform disappear (don't add any levels keyframes or apply effects to audio clips inside of your Multicam sequence). It's much easier to avoid the problem in the first place than trying to find ways to solve it later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this worked.
Right click layer - multicam - unselect enable option  - then reselect enable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave that a try, it didn't do anything for me. 

Win11, PP 23.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Myer, I work with multicam sequences on a daily basis, it's been years since I have had such problems, have you tried my workflow (no audio effects, no levels keyframes inside of multicamera sequence)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I use multicam to sync audio for editing and wanted to follow up on this! Today I learned that you can see the audio waveform of multicam clips as long as there is only one unmuted audio track, and the output mix has just one channel. Do the following to make it render so you can edit more quickly: 

Screen Shot 2023-11-08 at 5.45.18 PM.png

image.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU, JAMES!

That solve totally did the trick for me and way cleaner than having to render or otherwise adjust the clip/sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines