Highlighted

Noise and keyframed Gaussian Blur conflict in adjustment layer

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short version - On an adjustment layer, why is a keyframed Gaussian Blur effect disabled when a Noise effect is added?

Long version - I have two 5 second clips. I place both of them on the timeline so that one plays right after the other. I place an adjustment layer above, extended to cover both, so it's 10 seconds. I add the Gaussian Blur effect on the adjustment layer. I keyframe the Blurriness level to be 0.0 at 4 seconds and 30.0 at 7 seconds. I hit play and it works fine. I add the Noise effect next and set Amount of Noise to 5.0%. I play the video and notice that only the noise effect works, but in the time between 4 and 7 seconds when it's supposed to become blurry stops working. The blur is only influenced by the Blurriness amount set for the first keyframe (at 4 seconds), however, it is applied to the entire 10 seconds, and not just after 4 seconds. The second keyframe seems to become disabled when the noise effect is on. The order stack of the effects has no effect. Going to Sequence and hitting "Render effects In to Out" has no effect.. Enabling or disabling "Composite in linear colour" in the Sequence Settings has no effect.

Adding the Noise effect on a separate adjustment layer is the only solution I've found, but I really wish to know why both can't work together on one adjustment layer.

Can someone help me figure out what's going on?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Noise and keyframed Gaussian Blur conflict in adjustment layer

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short version - On an adjustment layer, why is a keyframed Gaussian Blur effect disabled when a Noise effect is added?

Long version - I have two 5 second clips. I place both of them on the timeline so that one plays right after the other. I place an adjustment layer above, extended to cover both, so it's 10 seconds. I add the Gaussian Blur effect on the adjustment layer. I keyframe the Blurriness level to be 0.0 at 4 seconds and 30.0 at 7 seconds. I hit play and it works fine. I add the Noise effect next and set Amount of Noise to 5.0%. I play the video and notice that only the noise effect works, but in the time between 4 and 7 seconds when it's supposed to become blurry stops working. The blur is only influenced by the Blurriness amount set for the first keyframe (at 4 seconds), however, it is applied to the entire 10 seconds, and not just after 4 seconds. The second keyframe seems to become disabled when the noise effect is on. The order stack of the effects has no effect. Going to Sequence and hitting "Render effects In to Out" has no effect.. Enabling or disabling "Composite in linear colour" in the Sequence Settings has no effect.

Adding the Noise effect on a separate adjustment layer is the only solution I've found, but I really wish to know why both can't work together on one adjustment layer.

Can someone help me figure out what's going on?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 04, 2020 0
Enthusiast ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some effects just don't place nice together in the same clip. So, putting the effects on seperate layers or nesting is the way to go in those scenarios.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 04, 2020 1
Ann Bens LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or changing the order of effects.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 04, 2020 1