• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Non-Responsive while Exporting

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to export a very simple video that has little to no editing on the project and everytime I've tried to export it, it stops the process at 46% specifically. I have tried various export settings, as well as reimporting the footage, restarting the app as well as my computer. I just bought the software yesterday and this is the first time I've gone to export anything and already regreting my purchase.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it stops at one point, there's a problem there. First thing is to dump all cache/cache database files. That might be an issue. You can do that manually with Premiere closed, or go to the Preferences/Cache files options and select delete all cache files. Then I'd close and relaunch PrPro.

After doing that, go to the sequence and see what's going on at that point. You may need to rebuild a section of your sequence, deleting what's there and redoing it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has not fixed the issue it still stops exporting at the same spot, this is after I've deleted all the cache files, and rebuilt and edited my sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's going on at that spot? What's the media and effects used? What's your hardware?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The media used is video clips shot on my NikonD5500, the editing techniques used are cross fade in and out as well as color correction. A screenshot of my hardware is attached below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating a new project, do a similar thing to a different clip ... see if it exports.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried different media filmed on a different date, and the same error occurs just at a different percentage. My main worry at this time is if I were to use this software on heavier edited projects, will I ever be able to export. Currently have the same amount of editing, being two crossfades and color correction on each of the two clips. I've attatched an image what my software looks like when it's stopped which brings confusion because there's not much to go forward with. It's sat like this for five hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off Hardware encoding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am editing off of one SP aromor 1TB harddrive there is 696GB available of free space left on the harddrive. I am unsure what hardware encoding is, is this an action I would perform in the preimere app, on my harddrive, my computer, etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hardware encoding is in your export settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's not an option to completely turn off hardware encoding, only change it to software encoding which I tried and it still performed the same way stopping at 98%. I attatched an image of what I see if there is another place I am supposed to be looking please let me know. The only other thing I was thinking was to compeltely uninstall premeire and then reinstall it, but if there are other tasks I could perform first, I am obviously open to hear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am editing off of one SP aromor 1TB harddrive there is 696GB available of free space left on the harddrive.

By @vitamin.d12

Is that drive an external drive?

What size and kind (SSD or HDD) is your operating system drive?  How full is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the drive I am editing off of is the external harddrive. Information regarding my opperating system is attached below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is not much free space an any of those hard drives.  You may be running out of free space while exporting.  In addition to room for the exported files, you need room for temp and system files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines