Highlighted

Not able to Enable Mercury Playback Engine (OpenCL) with 5600XT

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded my GPU from an AMD R9 Fury to an AMD RX 5600XT and I can't seem to enable Mercury Playback Engine (OpenCL) on my system now. The dropdown is just grayed out. I can't seem to find a solution online either.

I reinstalled drivers for my gpu. Reinstalled Premeire Pro, and installed the lastest version of Premeire pro, and nothing has worked.

Also if it's pertinant, In my registry editor I don't even seen OpenCL under Khronos, just Vulkan.

Livid right now as I can only render with software and it takes HOURS instead of minutes.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Carlos_Ziade | Adobe Community Professional

did you try to update your operating system?

Topics

Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Not able to Enable Mercury Playback Engine (OpenCL) with 5600XT

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded my GPU from an AMD R9 Fury to an AMD RX 5600XT and I can't seem to enable Mercury Playback Engine (OpenCL) on my system now. The dropdown is just grayed out. I can't seem to find a solution online either.

I reinstalled drivers for my gpu. Reinstalled Premeire Pro, and installed the lastest version of Premeire pro, and nothing has worked.

Also if it's pertinant, In my registry editor I don't even seen OpenCL under Khronos, just Vulkan.

Livid right now as I can only render with software and it takes HOURS instead of minutes.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Carlos_Ziade | Adobe Community Professional

Topics

Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to get the latest driver for your GPU from AMD website

and I think you will have to add Premiere Pro to the gaming settings of your AMD

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Radeon software says I'm on the latest driver.

Adding the apps to the Radeon game software doesn't seem to fix it either. Tried multiple times and even tried going back to an older version of PPro. 😕

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! Something on Windows must have not installed properly. I did a total system reinstall and started fresh, but OpenCL is working for me now. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GREAT !!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines