Highlighted

not able to save preset

Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for 2 days ive been trying to save a preset on mac but when i right click it gives me 2 options ''new preset bin'' and '' new custom'' bin and when i click either one it makes a new bin but the effect isnt even in there, please help its a living hell working without presets, i even reset my prefrences, and nothing.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by PhillipJoseph | Adobe Community Professional

Perhaps I'm confused by what you need, but if you want to make a preset for an effect you don't create it in the Effects Panel, you will usually create it in the Effect Controls Panel based on the effect(s) used and adjustments made.

An example here: saving a preset from the Motion properties, but it would look like this for whatever video or audio effects you have in the Effect Controls.

PhillipJoseph_0-1599346465853.png

Once a preset is made, then you can move it to a folder you've created in your Effects Panel.

Topics

Editing, Error or problem, How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

not able to save preset

Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for 2 days ive been trying to save a preset on mac but when i right click it gives me 2 options ''new preset bin'' and '' new custom'' bin and when i click either one it makes a new bin but the effect isnt even in there, please help its a living hell working without presets, i even reset my prefrences, and nothing.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by PhillipJoseph | Adobe Community Professional

Perhaps I'm confused by what you need, but if you want to make a preset for an effect you don't create it in the Effects Panel, you will usually create it in the Effect Controls Panel based on the effect(s) used and adjustments made.

An example here: saving a preset from the Motion properties, but it would look like this for whatever video or audio effects you have in the Effect Controls.

Once a preset is made, then you can move it to a folder you've created in your Effects Panel.

Topics

Editing, Error or problem, How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, what are you right clicking? And what kind of preset are you attempting to make?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lets say i want to save something on the timeline i separate it, then right click... and nothing, another exaple, if i go to effects type an effect i want to save, it doest work, it just says ''new presets bin'' and  ''new custom bin''

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i dont get what you mean, lets say i want to save the ultra key effect as a preset, how would i do that?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
zombz LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! it worked

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines