• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to import DNxHR files in a QuickTime container exported from DaVinci Resolve

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 
I have an issue where I cannot import DNxHR files in a QuickTime container exported from Davinci Resolve into Adobe Premiere Pro; among the things we've tried include Media Encoder. Fortunately, I've found a temporary workaround.

My more significant concern is that Adobe Tech support has been ineffective. I've been waiting for senior tech for over a week. I want to talk to someone in Adobe to resolve this bug.

Thank you.

Mod note: Edited for content

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is of course designed to be peer-to-peer support primarily, and so it's other users like Ann or whoever or myself that can give assistance in the areas we know about.

I know Product Support Manager @Kevin-Monahan always tells people to ask for the "video queue" (via chat) as that way you get a more specifically experienced person in the video apps. Give the specifics of what settings you're doing out of Resolve, and I'll see if I can replicate that tomorrow.

Neil

Mod note: Edited for content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,
This is so good to know- I didn't know anything about the video Que. Sorry
it took so long for me to respond to you, Ive been incredibly busy. OS
here's what happens

I do my color in resolve- Go Out to DNxHR with a quicktime container... I
want to load back into premiere... premiere will not accept it.

Thats it. Thank you for any help you can offer.

Alessio

--

*Alessio Cappelletti*
(Writer/Director of Film)

[personal info deleted by mod|

Please do not quote the original message when replying by email, and turn off your signature block.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Puzzling, as I can make an mxf in op1-a from Resolve, import into PrPro 2021 and it imports immediately. But the QuickTime mov file doesn't.

You might want to use the MXF OP1a option in Resolve for your export.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We put a fix in specifically for DNx files from Resolve back around November. Are you both testing on the latest version? If not, can you give it a try and let me know how it goes? We very much would like to get to the bottom of this. I'll try on my end as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried some samples of my own and they are working so if you try in the latest update and it still isn't working let's chat about getting a sample from you so we can have our devs investigate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you might want to list the specific version of premiere/media encoder you are using right now as we are all working in a dark cave. everything should be updated to the latest version. often, the adobe cleaner tool is required to help manually cleanup before a fresh re-install. it also sounds like you need to update your video driver as you can't export h.264 hardware accelerated(post all your hardware preferences in a screenshot) what is your media you are importing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines