Not getting called back by Senior Tech Support (Need help or to file a complaint)

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, 
Im never one to complain but with all the bugs adobe has I have tried the entry-level tech support with Adobe for weeks. I am unable to import DnX files in a QuickTime container exported from Davinci Resolve back into Adobe. Adobe won't take them and weve tried everything including Media Encoder. My issue is Ive found a temporary workaround... but my bigger concern is that Adobe Tech support is almost totally ineffective. Ive been waiting for senior tech for over a week... and there is nowhere to go to file a complaint. I have Resolve and have seen truckloads of people leave Adobe over the absolute abysmal customer support and crazy bug issues.I am trying to hold out... but ID really like at least away I can talk to someone in adobe to really resolve this bug. Thank you.

TOPICS
Editing, Export, Import

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, Adobe's "help" system for many of their apps is not always a great experience. This forum is of course designed to be peer-to-peer support primarily, and so it's other users like Ann or whoever or myself that can give assistance in the areas we know about.

I know Product Support Manager @Kevin-Monahan always tells people here that as soon as you get to a 'live body' either by phone or text-chat, immediately ask for the "video que" as that way you get a more specifically experienced person in the video apps. As opposed to a generalist with a cheat-sheet for each app, I suppose.

But some people get a 'help' person that does call back ... many don't. That's incredibly rude for users, for certain.

Give the specifics of what settings you're doing out of Resolve, and I'll see if I can replicate that or not tomorrow.

Neil

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,
This is so good to know- I didn't know anything about the video Que. Sorry
it took so long for me to respond to you, Ive been incredibly busy. OS
here's what happens

I do my color in resolve- Go Out to DNxHR with a quicktime container... I
want to load back into premiere... premiere will not accept it.

Thats it. Thank you for any help you can offer.

Alessio

--

*Alessio Cappelletti*
(Writer/Director of Film)

[personal info deleted by mod|

Please do not quote the original message when replying by email, and turn off your signature block.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Puzzling, as I can make an mxf in op1-a from Resolve, import into PrPro 2021 and it imports immediately. But the QuickTime mov file doesn't.

You might want to use the MXF OP1a option in Resolve for your export.

Neil

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

Sorry you do not like our Help docs. I think one of the main problems is that we've had some issues with search that we are resolving right now. So if we have good material, it might be hard to find. I've been using alternative search engines to Google and having better results. 

Yes, if you are not having luck with the agents on chat or call, tell them you want to speak to the "video queue." Queue is "line" in British English, as we all know. 

My hope is that none of our agents are reading from a script. As far as I know, they get training from our Tier 2s. They may have some steps that work available to them, hopefully, and can move you quickly on your way. If not, yeah, ask for the video queue.

If your call is escalated to a callback, and you don't get a callback, that's not right, you can always PM me. I check my PMs daily at a minimum.

Thanks,
Kevin

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines