• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NVENC not available

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot use NVENC on Premiere Pro, I do not know why seeing as how I have the latest studio drivers from Nvidia and I have a compatible graphics card.

My specs are:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600

Nvidia RTX 2060

If anyone can figure out why I would be so grateful 

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you looking for NVENC?

In Project Settings > General, is it set to CUDA?

In Preferences>Media, do you have this checked on?

PhillipJoseph_0-1595132329069.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, CUDA and the enable hardware encoding is on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to the questions PhillipJoseph asked, which version of Premiere Pro are you currently using? You see, NVENC encoding is only supported in 14.2 or higher. If you're on an older version of Premiere Pro (14.1 or earlier), then you have absolutely no hardware encoding whatsoever with your CPU/GPU combo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says that Premiere is up to date but the version number is 14.0.4 so I am a little confused about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CC Desktop app can at times not be updated. So ... check your CC app, and make sure it will search for updates.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem with the same system config. Anytime hardware encoding is selected in either media encoder or premiere, render times are astronomical and show no activity on the gpu. 

im still going through the troubleshooting process ( update windows/now working with Nvidia) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was the issue?  Im having the same issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which camera are you using, Miranda? Need more info on the footage. Also important that you do not alter settings from the preset. If you change the level or change it to 2 pass VBR, it won't work. 

We need more info on your system and media to help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2024 Apr 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In fact, I think most people are confused that NVIDIA video coding acceleration has two different schemes: 1. Use the graphics card CUDA universal core to do coding acceleration; 2. It is encoded by the video hardware coding core that comes with the video card (NVIDIA NVENC). premiere uses cuda security, but obviously the performance is lower than the latter!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines