• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nvidia drivers do not work well with premiere pro 2020 (higher than v13.2) but v13.1 works fine

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought GTX 1060 Ti and installed the latest Nvidia driver (v456.55).

With the Nvidia driver and Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration enabled, Premiere Pro 2020, higher than v13.2 make the project monitor freeze when resizing the mask area or applying Lumetri Color effects. But when I downgrade Premiere Pro 2020 lower than v13.1 does not have the freezes anymore.
I suppose the freezes happen only when premiere pro uses GPU.

I tried multiple older Nvidia drivers but no luck.

Does anyone have the same issue or know any workarounds for this issue?

Here are my components below.

OS

Windows 10 (ver 2004)

Motherboard

ASUS PRIME Z370A

GPUGeForce GTX 1660 Ti AERO ITX 6G OC - MSI
CPUIntel CPU Core i7-8700K
SSDSamsung SSD 500GB and 250GB 970 EVO M.2
MemoryCrucial 8GB BLS16G4D240FSB x2

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Crash , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to tell you this, but beginning with 14.3.2, Premiere Pro now requires full 10-bit support through OpenGL in order to run properly. Unfortunately, all Game Ready Drivers restrict the GTX 1060 and all other newer GTX's to 8-bit output through OpenGL even though the hardware is capable. Therefore, you will need Studio Drivers in order to properly run any newer version of Premiere Pro. Game Ready Drivers will effectively lock Premiere Pro to software-only rendering beginning with the 14.3.2 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, there in no Studio Driver in version 456.55. Only the Game Ready Driver. The most recent Studio Driver is version 456.38.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @RjL190365 , thanks for the quick reply!

I also tried the Studio Driver v456.38 but the issue still remained.

As long as I properly understand, none of my components including CPU and GPU and its drivers are obsolute and Adobe supports them all but correct me if I'm wrong.

What else can I do to resolve or mitigate the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@RjL190365 

Though I'm sure that I'm currently using the Studio Driver v456.38, I found that my monitor is kinda old so it doesnt support 10bit.

Is that the reason for the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines