• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NVIDIA GeForce 210 - Unsupported video driver

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Adobe Premiere Pro CC (Version: 14.0.0 [Build 572]) and i have installed GeForce 210 driver aswell. I'm using the latest driver released by Nvidia.

The problem doesn't work in Photoshop. But it works on Premiere Pro, After Effects softwares..

May i know the root of this issue?

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

I'm very sorry to say this, but that GPU is now completely obsolete. NVIDIA had EOL'd that GPU and all other Tesla-architecture (1st-Generation CUDA) GPUs way back in 2015, with the last driver release dating all the way back to December 2016. However, Premiere Pro 2020 now REQUIRES a driver version released from mid-2019 onwards just to even be supported. That later driver release is COMPLETELY incompatible with GPU hardware released prior to 2012.

In addition, that GeForce 210 is a total waste

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very sorry to say this, but that GPU is now completely obsolete. NVIDIA had EOL'd that GPU and all other Tesla-architecture (1st-Generation CUDA) GPUs way back in 2015, with the last driver release dating all the way back to December 2016. However, Premiere Pro 2020 now REQUIRES a driver version released from mid-2019 onwards just to even be supported. That later driver release is COMPLETELY incompatible with GPU hardware released prior to 2012.

In addition, that GeForce 210 is a total waste of money, even when it was new: It has only 16 CUDA cores, and a memory throughput of only 12 GB/s. That's slower than even most systems' main RAM!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

would this be my problem trying to use NVIDIA NVS 310 ?

I've updated and clean installed, etc still unsupported

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it would still be. Fermi driver support had already ended way back in 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what GPU upgrade would you recommend for a machine with Intel XEON E5 1603 v3 2.8ghz?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That CPU is only a 4-core/4-thread CPU with no Turbo boost and a clock speed of a measly (these days) 2.8 GHz. As such, you're stuck in no-man's land with regards to the CPU to GPU performance balance. If you want to remain in the Quadro camp, try to find a Quadro P1000 for that system. If you're willing to go GeForce (consumer), on the other hand, maybe the GTX 1650 SUPER. Anything cheaper gets you either too little VRAM or an outdated GPU architecture, while anything higher than the models that I mentioned are seriously overkill for that CPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, what about a CPU Intel Xeon E5-2620, what GPU do you recommend? in this moment i have a GeForce 210.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I cannot recommend anything (GPU-wise) for that system at this point:

1) Most newer GPUs will be bottlenecked by that CPU. In fact, the only one that I can recommend at any reasonable price for that PC would be a Quadro P620 or a newer Nvidia (workstation, with no "GeForce" branding) T600 (as the Quadro designation has recently been dropped for Nvidia workstation GPUs).

2) Aside from those Quadros (or workstation Nvidia GPUs), anything that would be a worthwhile performance improvement over your current obsolete GPU would be astronomically expensive to buy at current street prices - in fact, far more expensive just for the GPU than the rest of your PC combined is worth.

3) If you really have a first-gen E5-2620, it has neither the clock speed nor the single-core performance nor the IPC of newer CPU architectures. In fact, I would dare say that it is barely more powerful (overall-performance-wise) than a same-vintage i7-3770 to justify the increased core count and power consumption.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an intelĀ® HD Graphics 4000 an I am trying to work adobe premier pro and it gives me the error message saying unsupported video driver. Is there a workaround for this I downloaded the latest driver. If there isnt a workaround for this and I continue using adobe premier pro what sort of issues will I encounter if im making just basic videos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No workaround whatsoever. You will have to force MPE software-only mode on each and every project (you must do this every time you start or open a project; otherwise, the renderer may default to the OpenCL mode). You will also have to disable hardware encoding and decoding in the preferences.

This is because Intel had already ended all mainstream support for the IGPs of all of its CPUs up to and including the 5th-Gen (Broadwell). Yours is of only the 3rd-Gen (Ivy Bridge) generation, which is now well over eight years old at this point. Since 2018, the only "newer" driver versions have been merely security fixes for a driver version that dated back to 2016.

By the way, do not multiple post the exact same request. That's just poor forum etiquette. The only reason for multiple-posting the same thing is to respond to multiple posters who request help for something very similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere now requires CUDA version 9.2 support. 

I suggest you pick up an RTX 2060 or 2060 Super on Cyber Monday and give the old GeForce 210 a retirement. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines