• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nvidia GeForce GT 720M

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys, I'm trying to install adobe after affect and premiere pro. But unfortunately it's giving above error. It's seems to be something wrong with Nvidia driver's. Could you please help me to fix it. I would appreciate. Thanks System specification: Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4600U CPU @ 2.10GHz, 2701 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) operating system: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro(64 bit) RAM: 16GB Nvidia GeForce GT 720M Capture.PNGsd.PNGvc.PNG

TOPICS
Crash , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Formats , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

I am sorry to tell you this, but that GT 720M is now officially and completely obsolete. In fact, it is not a true 700-series GPU at all - but is actually a Fermi-derived architecture, being based on a GF117 chip that had been completely EOL'd (by Nvidia itself) back in 2018. The last released driver for the GT 720M, version 391.35, was released at the end of March 2018. Not even Premiere Pro 2019 supports Fermi any longer.

And buying such a cheap laptop with such a low-end discrete GPU is like

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error is about the Nvidia gpu card but you are showing the Intel driver. (two different things)

You need to update the driver from the Nvidia site

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/145874/en-us

Not sure if it will be sufficient as the last driver is from 2019. Might be too old for Premiere 2020.

Also your machine might be way underpowered to run Premiere properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am sorry to tell you this, but that GT 720M is now officially and completely obsolete. In fact, it is not a true 700-series GPU at all - but is actually a Fermi-derived architecture, being based on a GF117 chip that had been completely EOL'd (by Nvidia itself) back in 2018. The last released driver for the GT 720M, version 391.35, was released at the end of March 2018. Not even Premiere Pro 2019 supports Fermi any longer.

And buying such a cheap laptop with such a low-end discrete GPU is like playing roulette: You are more likely to get a GPU that's actually a rebrand of one that's well over three years old at the time of its introduction. In fact, Nvidia itself continues that tradition with its MX series GPUs, whose latest (the MX350) is based on a GPU that's already four years old as of now.

And although there is no warning about the integrated Intel graphics yet, support for all of Intel's 4th- and 5th-Generation CPUs has been on life support now for the past couple of years, and may end completely later this year or next year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines