• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NVidia gpu hardware encoding to keep 10 bit rec2020 HDR metadata using Adobe media encoder

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys , Just been using Premier pro and Adobe media encoder for the first time for x265 4k hardware encoding and selecting

encoding settings main 10 , Tier High, Rec.2020 Color Primaries, High Dynamic range,

once I select that,  a message appears , as follows 

your system's hardware does not support hardware acceleration for the current settings, 

the GPU I am using is,   EVGA Nvidia Geforce 1080p using the latest nvidia studio driver, 

All I want to do is keep all the metadata included in my 4k movie which is one of my retail copys, which has been ripped to a mp4 at 60gb and I just want to resize it to a smaller file again keeping the quality, 

I know its not my computers as I use a free program called Staxrip which keeps main 10 hdr settings and just reencodes it to a smaller file which is very good quality from compression, But for some reason Adobe media encoder doesnt like it I get a message (your system's hardware does not support hardware acceleration for the current settings which is crazy because I know it does support it, I have two computers and I have installed the same software and nvidia drivers and still get the error message , if a free program like Staxrip which can do this why is it Adobe media encoder can not use hardware gpu??,     But if you select software encoding with all the same preset settings it works but encoding times are crazy slow between 12 hours to 15 hours,  this is defeating the object here, also by googling this I am not the only one with this same  issue this needs to be looked into by the software developers and the reason I took out a plan subscription thinking I would get a premium software to do a better job I will attach a few screen shots with settings I am using and the error message that appears hopefully someone on here could help, before anybody goes and says contact support I have done spoke to 4 adobe tech staff, and still no one knows what is causing these issues Hardware encoding with error message. Screenshot.pngsoftware encoding with same preset setting Screenshot.png??

Hope someone can help me out, cheers guys.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post exact nvida model and driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann Bens

I am testing doing an ecode using hardware encoder , I have found a third party plugin and that allows me to use hardware encoding with main 10 presets hdr and rec2020 , My drivers were the latest ones , just to let you know I have done a factory reset on my both of my windows 10 computers and installed the latest nvidia studio drivers still the same issues then I tried installing older nvidia less buggy related drivers and still the same,    the issues are with your available plugins for x265 profile you need to create more supported plugins to use the full potential of main 10 pipeline with all meta data included for 4k movies, thats why I have installed a third party plugin and it is now using gpu encoding , once the encode is finished I will report back here and let you know if it has inluded all hdr content when encode is finished.

The Nvidia drivers I am using is the older one which I was told by Adobe tech staff to install 

the Nvidia studio driver version is 27.21.1.14.6089  

Do you have any more x265 hevc plugins I can try , if I use your x265 hevc built into adobe media encoder for hardware encoding wont work message appearing hardware not supporting for the preset I have chosen.

Any more help would be appreciated

Thanks

Regards

Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nvidia Model is EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080 FTW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there still need some help to reason why I cant use hardware encoder to recode  a 4k movie keeping the hdr main 10 metadata , and to make file size smaller but still keep the video quality using x265 hevc preset. ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just so you know - this is a community forum. So Ann Bens isn't creating x265 plugins. She is a user like yourself.

To my knowledge Hardware Encoding is not available for 10-bit exports at this time so that behavior is normal. If there is a 3rd-party plugin you are using, can you get further support from them?

Hardware Encoding/Decoding is still relatively new to Premiere. I wouldn't be surprised if the 10-bit support comes in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  Philip 

Thanks for getting back to me ,  oh I see ok thanks for letting me know, so why couldnt Adobe support team tell me this , I have been chatting to them online for the last 2- 3days,    granting permission to remotely log in to my computer to look into the issues, and all 4 support guys that I have spoken to couldnt get it to work, it would of saved me alot of time messing around going by there instructions to uninstall drivers install latest and then uninstall again download an older driver, and I knew it wouldnt make any difference,  that is what I dont understand why couldnt they just come out and tell me that 10bit exports are not compatible at the moment,   oh well   Thanks again for letting me know. 

Regards

Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, not all their help folks are as knowledgeable as we users would like. And yea, we "ACPs" complain about this on a regular basis.

So asking here is at times going to get a more sage response. Not always, but often ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks R Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have spoken to Adobe support team , and they have contacted the senior team to look into my issues,  Not hoping for much there Lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines