• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NVIDIA Hardware acceleration stopped working

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was being able to use the "new" NVENC hardware acceleration feature when it came out, now suddenly it stoppped working. I'm using Premiere 14.4 and Nvidia Studio 456.38 driver .. the most recent updates. I'm using a Ryzen 3800X, 32GB RAM and a RTX 2060. I have tickled the enable hardware accleartion encode as well as the CUDA in the project settings/preferences.

When I go to the export parameters I'm choosing H.264, Match project sequence settings (4K), Hardware Acceleration, VBR 1 pass, 25 bitrate.. I have been using this same setup in the past and it was working just fine, but not anymore,  the export times are hughe again and the GPU on the task manager is simply not being used at all.

What am I missing? 

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Victor5CA0,

Sorry about the poor experience. If I understand correctly, the issue is that even after enabling Hardware Encoding in the export settings the GPU utilization is low. Is that correct? If so, could you please confirm the type of media files used in the project (format/codec, frame rate & frame size) and the effects applied. 

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your assitance Sumit, that's correct, even after enabling the hardware encoding it doesn't use the GPU anymore. I'm attaching a screenshot of my media files, my sequence is setup at 3840x2160 29.97 fps. I haven't really applied many effects, just a few Scale and Lumetri (only exposure adjustment). Please let me know what else can I provide.

Annotation 2020-09-25 220317.png

Annotation 2020-09-25 215253.pngAnnotation 2020-09-25 215652.pngAnnotation 2020-09-25 215738.pngAnnotation 2020-09-25 215823.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines