• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nvidia Quadro K6000 any good for Premier in 2020? Please only talk about the K6000. no other cards

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I will appreciate your comments on the Nvidia Quadro K6000. Please do not mention alternate cards as options. Only comments about the Quadro K6000

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Sorry, I was a little off on my last statement. The K6000, being based on a second-gen Kepler GK110 chip, is still supported in the 45x.xx Quadro drivers - but in a depreciated state. And because Adobe's hardware acceleration now requires feature support that doesn't exist in the K6000, you will not get much, if any, GPU acceleration from the K6000 in either of the two newest to date versions of Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. The K6000 is now no longer supported for CUDA anymore in any of the newer drivers for that GPU. Worse, Premiere Pro (beginning with version 14.3.2) now requires a much newer driver version than is last supported by any first-generation Kepler GPUs just to even be supported at all. As a result, Premiere Pro will run with absolutely no GPU acceleration at all whatsoever (that is, the GPU will not be utilized at all during renders).

In other words, Premiere Pro will run with that GPU in the very same way as if you never had a supported discrete GPU at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I was a little off on my last statement. The K6000, being based on a second-gen Kepler GK110 chip, is still supported in the 45x.xx Quadro drivers - but in a depreciated state. And because Adobe's hardware acceleration now requires feature support that doesn't exist in the K6000, you will not get much, if any, GPU acceleration from the K6000 in either of the two newest to date versions of Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize this is for your existing card, and RJL answers that part completely. I'll talk about the Quadro in general.

I'm also a "contributing author" on a pro colorist's subscription website. Colorists used to use Quadro cards like crazy, some multiple in one machine. But I don't know any colorist that uses a Quadro anymore. The 1080Ti's started replacing them, and the 2000 series Ti units completely replaced them.

And I have no understanding why going forward any video pro would get a Quadro. The Titans are the high-power rig for video now, if you need something more than the standard RTX cards. But the RTX cards can do things only the Quadro cards could before.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a follow-up to this:

The currently available 470 branch of the Quadro drivers are the very last branch of the Quadro drivers that will support the old Kepler GPUs. Beginning in a couple of weeks, driver branch 495 will be released - and the new branch will no longer support Kepler GPUs any more. That new branch will require a Maxwell or newer GPU just to even install at all.

In addition, the security fixes that have been promised to Kepler desktop GPUs into 2024 apply only to the GeForce-branded (read: gaming) GPUs. Driver support for Kepler desktop Quadros (read: workstation GPUs), including the K6000, will completely end on July 31, 2022 - just over 10 months from today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moved to the Video Hardware forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines