• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Object percentage scaling. Can't go below 50%!!

Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird!!

Since upgrading to Premiere Pro v. 14.4 any time I try to scale an object to a value below 50% the object distorts anamorphically and becomes squashed. That's an odd one - and has never happened before! Please see the attached examples of what I mean... (I have a squidged elephant)

I'm on a Macbook Pro running Mojave.

Thanks

Ian

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Formats , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

This appears to be fixed on 14.7.0 (Build 23)

Can anyone confirm?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

embed.jpg

...so we dont have to download unknown files: we help you, you help us. Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Found the feature - perhaps delete the drag and drop/browse feature from the forums - as that's the most obvious way to include a file.. Thanks

These are my sample images re the current issue:

Screenshot 2020-09-18 at 15.30.17.pngScreenshot 2020-09-18 at 15.30.36.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I was having the same problem but when I swiched over to the "Mercury Playback Engine Software Only" in the Project settings, the scaling problem was fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this works. But, still, it seems like a major bug. Hope they fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm the "bug". Software only works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what are your sequence settings?  square pixels?

and what are the pixel dimensions of your source?   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not alone. I'm having the EXACT same issue. If anyone has found a solution, please post!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also have the same problem.  If I scale the any video file under 51% it is distorted and/or squashed.  Any solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, having the same problem, the only way I can get around this is using photoshop to create two versions of the same image. Hugely time consuming and cleary a software issue that needs to be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hii i was havin the same problem and for me it was indeed the amamorphic pixel setting( i thought it was just a preview thing and would go away once exported but no) so i switch it to square pixels and no more distorted logo, i made a copy of the project, just incase so that i wouldn't what i'd been working on,

PS sorry for the bad writing on the screenshot, I'm using a mouse

Capture d’écran 2020-11-13 152749.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I actually had my Sequence settings as HD 1080p and the scale thing was messing up all my pictures and making us look like we are 300 lbs.  I had to uncheck "uniform scale" in the Effects Control panel and play with the scale width.  So frustrating.  I hate upgrading to the latest PP update mid-project b/c it usually messes up what I have already completed.

I changed this to the AVCHD 1080p Square pixel and it appears to have fixed this Adobe scaling issue.

Thanks for the help...

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, this is the same problem I am having. 'Scale to Frame Size' and toggle the percentage from there seems to be the least ridiculous way around. You can change the Mercury Playback to 'Software Only', but this is less than ideal especially if you're editing 4K.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/aspect-ratio-bug/m-p/11484058?page=1#M302404

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/41551480-scaling-aspect-rat...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Mercury Playback engine worked well but ever since they started using AMD GPU scaling has been an issues. Using software only mode is not a fix. The Mercury Playback Engine is buggy. You can watch the video below for more proof.

https://youtu.be/1mJnLnyACog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This appears to be fixed on 14.7.0 (Build 23)

Can anyone confirm?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had the same issue before updating to 14.7.0 (Build 23), but now this has been fixed.

Thank you for reporting this issue @Ian Renshaw and sparing me a deep dive into the web to figure out this issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - So glad to hear it's been fixed! I haven't had cause to use scaling to that degree in the latest update.. so I'm still slightly in suspense about it! 🙂

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on 14.8 now and the Problem is still there. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for everybody's suggestions on this issue. I will try them. Sorry I can't reply to each individual member - my option to do so is greyed out! (More tech problems Adobe..?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yes this is now fixed... I have a happy team again. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marc, version 14.8 is just out (today? 1/12/21). I have not installed it yet. I always do an image of  my harddrive before updating!

The problem was definitely gone in 14.7.  Anyone else have 14.8 installed?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to 14.8.0 (build 39).

Tested using my method here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/aspect-ratio-bug/m-p/11483829#M302390

CUDA is on. Windows, 2004 Build 19041.746.

Stays 16:9 throughout - i.e. still fixed.

What are your settings?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines