Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Obsolete Audio Effects - Premiere Pro 2017

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I just upgrade to the latest Premiere Pro and I always used the audio effects "Dynamics" for it's limiter function on a channel strip. I wanted to do this again and went to 'obsolete audio effects' and selected dynamics (obsolete). I was then prompted with a question to use the newer version and checked "don't show this again" and accidentally proceeded with the new dynamics. Now every time I try to select Dynamics (Obsolete) I get taken to the new version.

My question is how do I get back the ability to use the Obsolete Dynamics and not get re-directed to the new one? I can't seem to find the options for it under preferences.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Did not answer my question but after calling Adobe support they helped me fix the problem by doing the following.Go

1. Make sure Premiere Pro is closed

2. Go to Documents in Windows and go to Adobe and rename the Premiere Pro folder to "Premiere Pro.old"

3. Win + R -> type "%appdata%" -> go to Adobe

4. Rename the Common folder to "Common.old"

5. Rename the Premiere Pro folder to "Premiere Pro.old"

6. Launch Premiere Pro and see if the problem was fixed

7. Close Premiere Pro
8. Go to Documents in Wind

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. in the Audio Track mixer window, click the small arrow in the left up corner

2. click the small arrow will show up when you move your cursor in any empty slot for master track or targeted track

- Amplitude and Compression > Multiband Compressor

3. Double click on Mutliband compressor

4. specify the threshold and attack and release and margin for the limiter

Muhannad,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This limiter is far better than the obsolete one we are used to. Great job Adobe. I have seen the way. : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What limiter are you talking about? Because there are no new limiters on my 2017 fx...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi man, which liimiter are you talking about? I need help! I just need a simple way to limit audio to -2DB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on how you used the obsolete 'Dynamics' effect, this might work using the new 'dynamics processing' effect:

1. Use the 'Input Gain' to increase or reduce the strength of the original file

2. Use 'Output Gain' to limit the max output strength

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's very inaccurate though. It doesn't actually limit to the output gain you set, you have to drag it lower until it looks like it's close enough. Not an acceptable workflow when you're doing broadcast deliverables that have a hard limit on audio levels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The loss of this filter that is embedded in many of our thousands of projects will be a real pain if another Jimmy Saville situation crops up, we could need to re-visit many of these projects we have in archive at VERY short notice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not answer my question but after calling Adobe support they helped me fix the problem by doing the following.Go

2. Go to Documents in Windows and go to Adobe and rename the Premiere Pro folder to "Premiere Pro.old"

7. Close Premiere Pro
8. Go to Documents in Windows and go to Adobe and inside the Premiere Pro.old folder, copy and of the settings within that folder that would correspond to any effects presets or windows layouts or any other past presets you may have created.

9. Done!

Hope this helps someone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jamesc63111057

Correct Answerby jamesc63111057 on Nov 8, 2016 5:13 PM

7. Close Premiere Pro
8. Go to Documents in Windows and go to Adobe and inside the Premiere Pro.old folder, copy and of the settings within that folder that would correspond to any effects presets or windows layouts or any other past presets you may have created.

9. Done!

Hope this helps someone

I tried this and it didn't work. To make matters worse I called Adobe and even showed them this thread via screen share and they said there is no way to recover the old plugins and that they've been replaced. Why would they replace a great dynamics plugin with a stripped down compressor?

Moderator note to OP: Please don't use profanity. People of all ages use this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are these instructions for a mac? I have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Figured out a partial remedy. I went to User/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro/11.0/Profile-"username"/Adobe Premiere Pro Prefs and renamed this file with the appendage "_old". Then I restarted Premiere and the problem has gone away, but I think there are other prefs removed as well..... Which I will have to set up again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to trash preferences on mac OS:

1. Close all Adobe applications.

2. In Finder, Go-> Go to folder. Type '~/library ' (without quotes).

3. Application Support. Rename "Adobe" to "Adobe.old".

4. Again in User library-> Preferences. Rename "Adobe" to "Adobe.old".

5. Documents. Rename "Adobe" to "Adobe.old".

Now open Premiere Pro and use the same effect again.

Solution provided by Adobe Chat Support Staff member SARTHAK. Thanks Sarthak!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere will no longer open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fact, no need for all these steps, to reload dynamics obsolete you need only to rename "Adobe Premiere Pro Prefs" to "Adobe Premiere Pro Prefs_old", with closed Premiere in Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\11.0\Profile-*YOUR_PROFILE*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with Pitch Shifter. This is really killing my workflow right now. The new pitch shifter effect doesn't have the same options in the effect control panel. If you click edit you can get to the semitones and cents and I can get it to match a bit, but the audio pans really strangely between left and right channels now when using it. This didn't happen with the obsolete version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's worthwhile to look at this short video in which Rich Harrington explains how the new audio effects have been deprecated in CC 2017. Deprecated means that they should be replaced by newer versions ported over directly from Audition, but they will still work - for the time being. Since they have been designated as Obsolete, in a future version these effects will be deleted from the application.

https://www.lynda.com/Premiere-Pro-tutorials/New-audio-effects-deprecated-audio-effects/530688/55840...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on MAC OS - can anyone offer an analogous solution for my platform?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to bring up the promt for the old DenNoiser plugin again by deleting this line from the Adobe Premiere Pro Prefs file:

<UIF.MessageBox.DontShowAgain.AskReplaceDeprecatedAudioFilters.DeNoiser>32</UIF.MessageBox.DontShowAgain.AskReplaceDeprecatedAudioFilters.DeNoiser>

I had also accidently clicked "do not show again" an then yes.

I didn't want to risk deleting all my preferences, so I tried this approach. I think it should work the same with Dynamics and other old effects.

rogerwatling​ exactly. Just another example of Adobe not caring at all about their existing customers nor being able(or willing to) relate to somebody who is actally using their product, as opposed to sitting in their marketing office. Sadly this seems to come with a monopoly position.  I'm propably switching to resolve with the next version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with my Pitch Shifter (Obsolete) where I accidentally clicked 'yes' to the prompted to use the new Pitch Shifter effect. That happened a month ago and I didn't find a solution that worked. (This was not my personal computer and I couldn't access or change user preferences and system files.)

Today I revisited the problem, but trying a dumb idea that worked.

1. I used another '(Obsolete)' audio effected on a clip.

2. Selected 'No' when the prompted to use the newer effect came up. (I didn't not check the 'Don't Ask Again' checkbox.)

3. Then tried applying the Pitch Shifter (Obsolete) again.

The obsolete effect was used instead of the newer effect and I was not prompted to use the new one either. I only had to do this once. I closed and reopened Premiere and could use the obsolete effect again without repeating the process above or being prompted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure if you still need a solution for this but I found one just now out of desperation as well. 

1. You have to open the file where you last used that obsolete effect. 

2. Go over to the Editing tab and right click the Obsolete effect you used.

3. Save the Preset into another name that you like.

4. Search for that name in the Effects folder.

5. You will then find the obsolete audio effect!

I've had problems with Pitch Shifter today and I tried everything. It worked tho ;____; 

Have a nice day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines