• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Odd window during editing

New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While editing a small window came up saying Premiere Pro would like to take a snap of your screen.

Go to security to make this possible, or deny, which I did.   Has anyone gotten this, if not what is likely happening?

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are on a recent version of macOS, this is normal, and should normally be approved for any application you trust. For details, I wrote a longer post about this earlier in this forum. I think Apple implemented it starting in macOS 10.15 Catalina.

In short: Apple wrote it very loosely, so many Mac developers are getting caught out by it for using screen capture for legitimate features like a color sampler, which has to read off the screen. As the longer linked post above explains, this macOS “screen recording” warning can be triggered even if an application is not recording video and not saving it to storage, but merely sampling a small region once and then discarding it.

If a Premiere Pro feature isn’t quite working as expected in the future, you might need to enable permission for the application in System Preferences, Security and Privacy, Screen Recording.

The time you want to deny permission is when the screen recording warning is about an application you have never heard of with a sketchy name, because then it might be spyware. But reputable Mac applications — especially well-known graphics applications that might need to sample the screen — should normally be approved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines