Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Offline: Importer Can't Open - fustrated 2nd time this has happened

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am very fustrated now with Premiere Pro as this is the second time this has happened mid way through a project and now i have to waste time fixing this problem

I have about 40 clips attached to proxies

For some reason thats I have no idea why it just all of a sudden only can find the proxy media but not the full resolution videos

When I right click a clip in my source list and go properties it says:

Offline: Importer Can't Open

I try to re-link the media but nope that wont work either ( check the screen shot for what happens when I try to link the media)

All raw footage clips are on a local disk in separate folders

offline media.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search for a .ims file in the Adobe common Media Cache files folder and delete it.

So for the clip in the example, it would be called something like "4 mile beach reveal and sunrise-123456789abcdef.ims"

The .ims files pay no attention to where you tell adobe you want your Media Cache folder. They are always there. On my system, the full path is "C:\Users\Vivid\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Media Cache Files"

Another option, from before I worked out about deleting the .ims files, is to rename the original .mp4 file (I just added the letter b to the end of the file name) and then re-link to what premiere would think is a new file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks stephenmontgomery!  Just renaming the original file solved my case of this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I have an absolutely identical situation. Nothing helps. How can I solve this problem? Help

Павел5CC3_1-1617175183629.pngПавел5CC3_2-1617175210106.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines