• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Offline MOGRTs

Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey group, has anyone had success reconnecting an offline MOGRT?

I've created MOGRTs in AE that were brought into Premiere. The locations of those MOGRTs have changed and can't be changed back. Once the MOGRT files were relocated, any of those graphics that were  edited and added to Premiere timelines appear as offline.

When attempting to reconnect, Premiere will not display MOGRT files in its Link Media window.

Any tips? The team can use them from this new location from here on out, but we want to make sure we set up a system where previous graphics are still accessible and editable, for the sake of not creating an absolute mess if and when we need to reference old projects.

For reference: using Premiere 2020 on an iMac running OSX Catalina.

TOPICS
How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. My MOGRT's go offline when switching between a shared NAS in the office and an external drive at home. There's no way to relink them like normal media, even if I can see the correct MOGRT in the "browse" section of the essential graphics panel. If this is a "known issue" it kind of defeats the purpose of creating a MOGRT, vs. using dynamically linked AE comps (which you can relink normarlly).

I'm running Premiere 2020 (v14.4.0) on a Windows 10 PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is happening the same....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there other files included in those mogrts, such as graphic clips/images or video/audio clips?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

Not in my case. I just have shape layers and mattes in After Effects for a lower third/callouts, exported as a MOGRT. I have no problems with it being offline when working off the same drive. It's only when I need to reconnect media, and there's no way to reconnect the MOGRT, only to re-import it through the Essential Graphics Panel. In the relink media dialaogue box, MOGRTS aren't even visible to select even when pointed at the file location where it lives. In the case where there are lots of MOGRTS in the sequence, like many L3's, having them all be offline and not being able to reconnect them is very frustrating, and time consuming to have to manually replace them all. It also makes passing projects between different editors in different locations difficult.

Apprciate your help!

- Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is where using shared libraries to distribute the mogrts is probably best. Loading them to disk then importing is ok for a single user, but problematic across a group. Especially when they are working "remote".

A shared Adobe CC Library however will work well. Simply add the mogrt to that Library, and in moments, it should be available for all users.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil, that's a great suggestion! I'll keep that in mind, and will look to try that moving forward.

The only issue I can think of quickly off the top of my head is if the other remote editors can't access your CC library...but I don't think that'll be an issue for me personally.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You invite others by their email address used for their Adobe ID logon. You can set the Library to 'view only' so they should be able to use but not add to the Library, or "edit" where they'll be able to add or delete things themselves.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is old, but for future reference, here is an answer.

The MOGRTs you have used in the project should be in a bin named Motion Graphics Template Media, and the actual files should be located in the corresponding folder inside your project folder. They are .aegraphic or .prgraphic files, though - not .mogrt files.

I just tried moving and relionking 30 MOGRTs, and I only had to point to the first file (which Premiere Pro found automatically via the Search feature in the Link Media dialog. All the others were relinked automatically. I took about 30 seconds. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! This works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines