• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Okta login form is not submitted in panel since Premiere Pro 2020 (14.4)

Participant ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okta login form is not submitted in panel since Premiere Pro 2020 (14.4)

Steps to reproduce:

• Add below parameters in manifest.xml:

<Parameter>--enable-nodejs</Parameter>
<Parameter>--mixed-context</Parameter>

• Redirect to okta login page on panel load, refer below index.html:

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head>
        <script>
	    window.location.href = 'https://test.oktapreview.com/login/login.htm';
        </script>
    </head>

<body></body>
</html>​

• Enter any username and password and click on "Sign In" button

Actual Result: Nothing happen, the form is not submitted. There isn't any error in console
Expected Result: The form should be submitted

Note:

• The okta login form is submitted till Premiere Pro 2020 (14.3) and broken since 14.4 version

Premiere Pro Version: 2020 (14.4)
Extension Type: Panel

Thanks & Regards,
Meet Tank

TOPICS
Error or problem , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Hello @sujai s 

The issue has been fixed in Premiere Pro 15.4 (CEP 11)

Thanks,
Meet

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try using single context instead of multiple context and check if this resolved your problem? Else you can try disabling nodejs in just the iFrame that is doing the okta workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sujai s Thank you for looking into this.
We need to run the extension in mixed context only. This is working with mixed context till Premiere Pro 14.3, something has changed in Premiere Pro 14.4 (CEP 10)
There is no iframe in our case, we simply redirect to okta login page

Thanks,
Meet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@meett9325076  I'm sorry, I don't understand this. Mixed context should be enabled only when you have iframes., otherwise this parameter is not needed at all. You please go though the docs for more details.

If no iframes, --mixed-context is really not needed.

If mixed context is needed for some specific reason, then please use disable-nodejs as explained in this section.

thanks

Sujai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sujai s Okta login is just part of our flow. Entire flow is as below:
- On panel load, we just redirect to our application Url - using window.location.href
- If the application user is not already logged in, we display a login page (The login page is displayed by the app)
- There is a button in the login page to login through okta, when we click on this button, it is redirected to okta login page (Again this redirection is performed by our app)

- When we enter valid okta credential and do login it will be redirect to our application home page. So this part is broken since Premiere Pro 14.4 as the okta login  form is not submitted.

We need mixed cotext here as we use some of the node modules using "require" syntax. If we remove the mixed context then below error is thrown:

ReferenceError: require is not defined

Again there is no iframe in our case as we just redirect to a different application
 I hope you understand now why we need mixed context and why there is no iframe in our case

Thanks,
Meet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere: 15.0 (Build 41)

Since one of our customers has updated to the latest Premiere biuld our CEP panel is experiencing unexplained crashes. The symptom is the panel flashes white and then reloads. The same version of the panel works in 14.3.2 but fails in newer builds. The customer is accessing the machine on which Premiere is running remotely through Teradici PCoIP.

Looking at the CEP panel-specific debug log file:

"C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp\CEPHtmlEngine10-PPRO-15.0.0-*.log"

I'm seeing:

[0326/143112.347:ERROR:bad_message.cc(27)] Terminating renderer for bad IPC message, reason 95
2021-03-26 14:31:12:354 : INFO CEPHTMLENGINE, RenderProcess terminated with status=2

So it appear the CEP engine is terminating for some reason. 

I have tried connecting the debugger and stepping through the code, but the issue seems to happen outside our code (when we return from a DOM event handler). I'm not seeing anything relevant in the debugger's console.

The issue only happens at this site, and only for some users, but for those users it happens consistently.

Because it's not occurring 'in' our code I'm not sure what additional information I can provide - but if anyone has any clues I've run out of ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @sujai s 

The issue has been fixed in Premiere Pro 15.4 (CEP 11)

Thanks,
Meet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines