• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Old Project File will not open anymore

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reopened a project file from a project I completed in March 2020, earlier today, everything was working smoothley until Premiere refused to render the entire work sequence. I thought it was a glitch of some sort so I decided to restart my computer. Now, I can't open the file at all, it states that "this project could not be loaded it may be damaged or contain outdated elements." Currently, I'm trying to import the sequences I was using from that project, but it's either not importing or doing so really slowly. I can't tell. Can anyone help me? Did I do something wrong?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

It turns out Adobe Customer Care did not have any answers. The only solutions for this problem is to work on the project on the computer it was originally created on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you done any updates since you last worked on the project?  Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source properties and sequence settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it was updated to 14,4. I tried to roll it back to 14.3 and try the same methods as previously mentioned, but it didn't work.

The system specs are:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600x 6-core processor 3.80 GHz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

BaseBoard Product: ROG STRIX B45-F GAMING

Installed RamL 16 GB

I can't open the project or import it so I can't give you the source or sequence settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you want to send me the project file and I'll see if it opens on my system (I've got both mac and windows) and if it does, I'll do a save as and send it back.  I realize all the media will be offline, but you can do the relinking...

mgrenadier@gmail.com. Not sure if this is accepted protocol on this forum, but I figure I'll offer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, I'll send it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

received the project file and it opens on my system with some notices of missing AE transitions and effects.  Will update when we finish troubleshooting.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and I did a save as and sent the project file back to the OP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you already tried to open one of the project files that are in the "Adobe Premiere Pro Auto-Save" folder that should be in the folder where you have that "damaged" project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, I tried every save since I started the project and no luck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So here is an update as to what I did so far:

1. I sent my project file to Mohsen Aghaei because he was able to look at the XML code to check if the project file was corrupted. It wasn't and here is his post for reference to see what he does: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/fix-quot-an-unknown-error-occurred-while-opening-the-pro...

2. I tried to open the project file saved be mgrenadier and the same message came up; which was "this project could not be loaded it may be damaged or contain outdated elements."

3. I tried to import individual sequences in both the media browser window and by using File > Import; the former loaded for a second then stopped and the latter didn't appear to load although a loading window was present. Oddly enough, other sequences in the project did load up, but were unlinked even though the last time I saved the project they were linked. 

4. I tried to import the entire project and that didn't work. 

5. I tried the to open the project file on my laptop which actually did work.

6. Afterwards, I tried to open it on my desktop using the same version of Premiere Pro that's on my laptop which was 14.3.1 as well as 14.5 which is the most recent update of Premiere. Neither worked. 

7. I made sure the third-party plug-in from Motion Array was updated and tried to open it again. 

I got rid of the transitions associated with the third-party plug-in and uninstalled it on both computers. Again the laptop was able to open the sequence, but the desktop was not.

8. I tried resetting my preferences and opening the project as well as clearing my media cache and opening the project. Neither method worked and the same message popped up on the desktop. 

10. I didn't make any changes to the Premiere Pro settings on the laptop. 

So the only solution I see is to work on the project on my laptop or call Adobe Customer Support, which I plan to do. I will provide this post with more updates as they become available. Just to be clear, each time I tried to load the project up, I got the same message of "this project could not be loaded it may be damaged or contain outdated elements." when I didn't get this message the sequence would simply not load. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It turns out Adobe Customer Care did not have any answers. The only solutions for this problem is to work on the project on the computer it was originally created on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines