Highlighted

OMF doesn't export with gain or effects

Contributor ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exporting an OMF from Premiere and importing it into Audition it appears that the clips lose their effects and gain settings. Is there any way to keep those? I don't know if the sound engineer is using Audition or ProTools but I assume they wouldn't translate in ProTools either.  This isn't a huge problem because they'll probably zero out everything anyways but it would be nice if they could use what I had done as a starting point if they want. Right now they have to refer to the accompanying screener to hear my mix.

What's the best way to retain fidelity when sending audio for a mix?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by mgrenadier | Adobe Community Professional

premiere effects are NOT going to translate into protools and maybe not even to audition.    Gain adjustments in particular are problematic.  Basic adjustments of levels may translate without issues.

TOPICS
Audio, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

OMF doesn't export with gain or effects

Contributor ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exporting an OMF from Premiere and importing it into Audition it appears that the clips lose their effects and gain settings. Is there any way to keep those? I don't know if the sound engineer is using Audition or ProTools but I assume they wouldn't translate in ProTools either.  This isn't a huge problem because they'll probably zero out everything anyways but it would be nice if they could use what I had done as a starting point if they want. Right now they have to refer to the accompanying screener to hear my mix.

What's the best way to retain fidelity when sending audio for a mix?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by mgrenadier | Adobe Community Professional

premiere effects are NOT going to translate into protools and maybe not even to audition.    Gain adjustments in particular are problematic.  Basic adjustments of levels may translate without issues.

TOPICS
Audio, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to ask this on the Audition forum, as the folks with best audio knowledge naturally "hang" more over there.

Neil

Adobe Audition Forum

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 1
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 1
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but sending stuff to Audition from within premiere may retain more of the things you've done in premiere.  certainly worth a shot.    But first thing is to find out what platform your sound designer will be working with.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0
Contributor ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, this is extremely disappointing. Confirmed with our post sound engineer that that the only thing that translates is basic level adjustments. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, check on the Audition forum, as that's where the better sound-aware folk hang. And they can easily discuss the details of Premiere/Audition/ProTools workflows.

Neil

Audition forum

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 1