on After Effects, Premiere Rush, and Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I'm in the process of evaluating which package best suits my needs.

I wish to understand more.

I am assuming that Premiere Pro practically covers all features the After Effects offers; let alone, those of Premiere Rush.

In case this assumption is inaccurate, please advise what are the features from After Effects and Premiere Rush are not available from Premiere Pro.

TOPICS
Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

on After Effects, Premiere Rush, and Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I'm in the process of evaluating which package best suits my needs.

I wish to understand more.

I am assuming that Premiere Pro practically covers all features the After Effects offers; let alone, those of Premiere Rush.

In case this assumption is inaccurate, please advise what are the features from After Effects and Premiere Rush are not available from Premiere Pro.

TOPICS
Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from cc services>

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 28, 2020 0
Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before anyone can answer you question you need to tell us what you want to achive.

After Effects (FX program) is quite different from Premiere which is basicly an editing program.

MIght want to look at below mentioned links.

https://www.adobe.com/products/aftereffects.html

https://www.adobe.com/products/premiere.html

https://www.adobe.com/products/premiere-rush.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 28, 2020 0
Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As An noted, they all have different uses.

Premiere is a pro-level editing application primarily designed to use on full systems that can also be run on pretty decent powered laptops.

Rush is a mini-editing applet designed primarily for use on mobile devices like phones or tablets. The project from Rush can be later added to Premiere Pro on a full computer.

AfterEffects is "the" fx app ... designed for heavy effects and compositing work. It can be used also in "dynamic link" mode with Premiere Pro, where you 'send' a section of a Premiere Pro sequence to Ae for additional Ae-type work that will be displayed back in Premiere Pro.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 28, 2020 0
jampff LATEST
Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there 🙂 The Adobe suite can be somewhat overwhelming for sure at first. Without knowing exactly what you want to achieve, it's difficult for someone to recommend a certain product. Premiere Pro and After Effects are actually radically different, with completely different use cases. Truth is, Premiere Pro probably doesn't offer one tenth of what After Effects can do. AE is like a bajillion times more complex than PP... but depending on what you're doing, that may just mean that it has a bajillion features you'll never need.

Imagine you're doing a feature film: PP is where you would cut the whole thing together, and mix the video with the soundtrack. The final export would come from PP. AE is where you would, for instance, composite the part where the actors set themselves on fire and supernaturally walk through a wall... (see now you have my imagination running wild...) and whatever other special VFX parts the movie might require. Then, those particular composites would be brought back into the main PP timeline. Or, if you have a place in your video where you want advanced motion graphics, you do that piece in AE and then bring it into the main PP timeline with the rest of the movie. You can't do crazy VFX or motion graphics in PP... on the other hand, trying to cut and export a complete movie from AE would feel like traveling across the country on a tricycle, depending on the scope. They're just not made for the same purposes, although they work very well together.

In case you're wondering, Audition would be where you could edit the audio of your movie with professional granularity and tools. And, similar to AE, when your audio is how you like it, you can bring it back into the main PP timeline under all your video.

Be aware though, if you're not already, that these are each professional level tools. They are not simple at all. Each has its own steep learning curve. I spent over a year just working almost exclusively with Premiere Pro before I felt confident that I could accomplish just what I wanted with it. And I still had not completely mastered the program. AE and Audition are also each their own worlds to get lost in. Hey, at least the journey is fun... (if you're the right kind of nerd).

Side note, if this is all new: out of compassion for you, I strongly suggest that you get good guidance on your computer before beginning all this. If you're a Windows user, do yourself a favor and check out the information that Puget Systems offers. Even if you don't buy a machine from them, you'll gain insight you badly need. If you're a Mac user, I'm not sure where to point you but ask around! Not any old computer will do. You may already know this but I have no idea what you do or don't know. Just trying to save someone the headache I had in the beginning.

If your end result is going to be somewhat simpler, and you don't need or want to tackle a steep learning curve, then either Premiere Rush or Premiere Elements are perhaps what you want (if you're sticking to Adobe products). Both could be looked at as Premiere Pro's younger siblings. Rush is more mobile focused (although it has a desktop client also), and Elements is just desktop. Rush is subscription, and Elements is a one time payment. Since Rush is part of Creative Cloud, it's easy to move projects back and forth between Rush and Pro if necessary. Details about their features are easily found.

Hope all this helps! Sorry for writing longer than I anticipated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 28, 2020 1