• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Online tutor to help me reorganize my iMovie, FCPX and Premiere files into a cohesive system

Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seeking tutor. I hope this is appropriate to post here? If not, please advise the best place to post. 

I'm new to filming and editing as of this past year. I've been working on filming a short documentary with video files that started first on iMovie, then to FCPX, and finally into working in Premiere, which is where I want to stay. I'm seeking someone who is knowledgeable in all three editing systems who can help me consolidate my files into an organized system on Premiere. I also work with archival film clips that have various framerates and I need help understanding how to make sure my timelines have the correct sequence settings.

This is a tutoring gig for a patient person who can handle looking through a messy ☺️ structure and who likes helping to set up a streamlined organizational system. I have files in lots of various places on my desktop and a couple of external drives so it's not for the faint of heart. Thanks

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

I actually have some experience moving edits from imovie to fcpx to ...  can't actually go directly to premiere.  you've got to export an xml from fcpX and import to davinci resolve and then export an xml which will import into premiere, at least that's the way it worked about 4 or 5 years ago.  I have limited experience working in imovie and fcpX but have extensive experience in premiere (and fcp1-7 and avid) and have been working in computer editing for way too long so can help organizing your

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually have some experience moving edits from imovie to fcpx to ...  can't actually go directly to premiere.  you've got to export an xml from fcpX and import to davinci resolve and then export an xml which will import into premiere, at least that's the way it worked about 4 or 5 years ago.  I have limited experience working in imovie and fcpX but have extensive experience in premiere (and fcp1-7 and avid) and have been working in computer editing for way too long so can help organizing your media.  Send me a DM by clicking on user name on this post to send me a direct message and we can discuss if this will work for you.   I am consulting with a number of clients helping them with Premiere via zoom and teamviewer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will send you a direct message. Thanks for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines