Only audio imported but No video recognized when importing blu-ray video file - help!

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to import a video file (mt2s) from a BD Remux into Premiere Pro 2019 but for some strange reason only audio is recognised in the file. Sometimes not even that and it says 'Premiere Pro doesn't recognize the compression'. On the other hand, most times it recognizes it completely.

I've searched online and one suggestion given was to change the file name and accordingly I've tried changing it to .mov,.m4v,.mpg and even .mkv .I've also downloaded K-Lite codec pack hoping it'd ease my miseries.I'm not too keen to convert the original bluray file to anything else to protect the quality of the video.

Any way to get round this problem or as usual am I doing something silly ? 🙂

Any help will be much appreciated ! 🙂

Megan

TOPICS
Audio, Editing, Error or problem, How to, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Enthusiast ,
Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of transcoding you can try to rewrap(remux) .m2ts file into .mov container. Use Shutter Encoder for this: Choose function > Without conversion > Rewrap, to .mov

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for that. It sounded like a great idea but sadly it hasn't worked for me.

The rewrapped file in .mov or .mp4 is firstly very small in size and not recognized by premiere pro.

Am I doing something wrong or ...?

Megan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should've got an error message (and detailed log), if so - please share it.

Use MediaInfo tool to analyze your .m2ts source file, set it to View > Tree, and repost here. Also, is it playable in usual players like VLC, PotPlayer, MPC-HC, etc ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I managed to convert one other file to mp4 but it still doesn't recognize the video part again.

I get this red triangle sign in Premiere saying - unable to import video! 😞

Megan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I.ve just googled a bit, found this:  https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/385006-Convert-M2TS-file-into-MKV-without-any-quality-loss Looks like Avidemux is your best chance

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi basil1891,

Thanks so very much for your help. I got the central idea of your suggestions and am able to get what I want using avidemux or MKVCleaver and even Shutter Encoder ! Strangely for some files only one of them works!

But , importantly ..it works! Thanks so much for taking so much trouble and I really appreciated that!

Take care 🙂

Megan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi basil1891,

Many many thanks for all the suggestions! I focussed on the central idea to your suggestions and now using a combo of Shutter Encoder, Avidemux and MKVCleaver I am able to get the files sorted.Strangely a file may work with one of the three! I'll know for sure once rendering is done successfully!

But thanks so much for that and really appreciate the time you took to keep me going! 🙂

Megan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere does not support mkv.

On a side note bad move installing a codec pack. I can mess up your already good codec on your machine.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ann Bens Avidemux is not limited to .mkv. Formats like avi, mp4, mov also available.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Ann Bens LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Title says m2ts to mkv might be confussing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines