Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Only audio

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have looked through all previous questions like this and can't seem to find the answer!

I have some videos to edit, recorded on a phone and sent to me via MOV file. When I play them in the preview window, they're absolutely fine (video and audio). When I try to drag them into my sequence, however, it only seems to want to include the audio - no video!

I have tried changing the format in Handbrake, changing the project settings to playback software only, downloading the little add-on from Windows (as it wasn't letting me play them in media player either) and it's just driving me crazy.

Other MOV files work fine, it's just this one. I also know it can be done as I sent some to a video editor and he had no problems editing them and sending them back to me as MP4 files - but he didn't have the issue so can't explain to me how to fix it.

Please advise!

Thank you

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post the properties of the file using the tree view in the mediainfo program (https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download)

or dropbox one of your files so we can have a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most common user error is not source patching the track.
Solved by first opening clip in Source Monitor, set in and out point. Then drag/insert into timeline.

source patching.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing wrong with the file.

Only thing is while recording the microphone is too far away: hence very soft audio level. Need to boost the gian quit a bit.

Most likely you will get into trouble with the audio (out of sync) on export as the framerate is variable.

Need to convert with Handbrake to constant framerate first before bringing it into Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann,

Thank you. I'm fine with editing the audio etc, it's just that it won't even let me drag the video file onto the sequence, it literally only lets me drag the audio.

I've tried converting in Handbrake with no luck.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to source patch the track as shown in my screenshot.

Editing vfr looks fine on the timeline but the trouble starts after export.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have no trouble in loading your clip. What happens if you right click the faulty video in the project panel and select 'New Sequence from Clip'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines