• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Only opens AVI files and sometimes not any files

New Here ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to get an issue i have to work for a few days now. Basically when i try to import any data thats not avi i get the error "unable to open file on disk" so  i googled that error as i didn't know avi files worked. and it told me to install the windows media feature pack. Everytime i tried to install that it gives me the error that its not applicable to my system. Then i went to the optional windows features and looked for it and found a "media player" that was installed but that was the only thing on media. I eventually figured out i could import AVI files for some reason but no other files i tried MOV MKV MP4  M4V WMV none of these opened ut avi's did. and i though that would be fine i can use avi files but for some reason half of the avi files have a "unsupported audio rate" and i couldn't find any solution to this error

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use mov and mp4 regularly, and have avi of some historical footage. Those should all work. Maybe find some sample files on the web, and see if those will open. Perhaps all your mp4's have the same source and it's not working? They should. Put them in a local folder on the c: drive and check them from there. Etc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines