• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opacity Keyframes not working

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added a Video Layer and put a still frame of my last keyframe there and then used effects controls to animate opacity from 100% to 0%. That works fine in he effects controls but when I playback the image is fully opaque. If I take off the animation keyframes and just set it to say 50% then the opacity works.

As an aside I'm sort of doing a hack here as my real goal is to transition from the last image of the shot to a 50 opaque image of the next shot with a title on it and then fade the title out and the new image in.  My clunky solution is to manually keyframe the opacity on all of them. It seems to me an easier solution is to just do a transition between the last keyframe and a rendered image of the title over 50% bg of the next shot and then transition from that to the new video.  So an easier solution seems to be either treating the text and 50% opaque of the next shot as one image to transition to to in fact render the frame with the title and 50% image as  single image I can control.

TOTALLY an aside is there something very wrong with the text entry form in this forum?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

In the sequence settings, uncheck "Composite in linear color."

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I figured out how to Export Frame to answer part of my question, still having issues with Opacity. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the sequence settings, uncheck "Composite in linear color."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked for me! many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

interesting. This did not work for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not animate the the clip keyframes on the Timeline?

Use the pen tool to create keyframes on the opacity line and 'lift' or 'lower' the keyframes as you want.

You can also place your playhead (CTI) on the frame you want to make a still > right click > Add Frame Hold Segment.

That will give you a still frame section of any frame you want.

You can also set the opacity of the still frame to 50 place the text above it, select both and right click > Nest.

That puts them together into one clip and you can then add transitions in between you last frame of footage and still title and back to footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Have a Simple fix for this. Just "Nest" the clip and then apply the animation. It will work. Guaranteed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2023 Nov 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Goat! best fix i've found thanks man

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines