• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opacity Not Working On One SubClip

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I''m making a cinematic video from stock footage. I've applied the opacity effect on many subclips and it works except on 1 subclip. 

When I Change the opacity of that specific subclip, the opacity doesn't change, and stays constant on the last opactiy set for the subclip. 

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

You'll probably want to nest your clip after you've done the time remapping because it can throw all your other keyframes out of whack. 

If you want to go to black you could also try a dip to black transition or just cross-dissolve to the default black background (or to a piece of black video). It may also work to add an Adjustment Layer with the Transform Effect on it and adjust the opacity on that, (but note it would effect all media below it.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll probably want to nest your clip after you've done the time remapping because it can throw all your other keyframes out of whack. 

If you want to go to black you could also try a dip to black transition or just cross-dissolve to the default black background (or to a piece of black video). It may also work to add an Adjustment Layer with the Transform Effect on it and adjust the opacity on that, (but note it would effect all media below it.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I nested the clip, and the opacity started working again. One Youtube video said that this happened as Premiere Pro doesn't like working on many different effects at once so it glitches. Thank You. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines