Highlighted

opacity not working over black

Participant ,
Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To put a watermark over a sequence, I put a .PNG with an alpha channel on the top video layer (V3) and adjusted it's opacity in Effect Controls to 50%. There are sections in the sequence where I dip to black for a second or so. I put clips of generated black video on V1 in those sections for a better AAF export to DaVinci. When the playhead gets to those black video sections, the opacity on V3 doesn't work. I tried putting a black Legacy Title in its place (black rectangle filling the frame), but that doesn't work either.

If I disable the black video clip, the opacity works. Any idea why this is?

Topics

Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

opacity not working over black

Participant ,
Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To put a watermark over a sequence, I put a .PNG with an alpha channel on the top video layer (V3) and adjusted it's opacity in Effect Controls to 50%. There are sections in the sequence where I dip to black for a second or so. I put clips of generated black video on V1 in those sections for a better AAF export to DaVinci. When the playhead gets to those black video sections, the opacity on V3 doesn't work. I tried putting a black Legacy Title in its place (black rectangle filling the frame), but that doesn't work either.

If I disable the black video clip, the opacity works. Any idea why this is?

Topics

Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?