• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open captions-font size changes on export - Premiere CC 2017 issue (Premiere Pro 14.9 and earlier)

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created open captions in size 38 font, then changed them all to 50 size font in the caption editor.  On the timeline and in the preview window I see the correct new size text (50) but when I export (H264) the burnt in open captions do not recognize the change in font size, still showing as 38.  However they are all moved to the left.  So the captions now start in the x axis spot where the font size 50 text should start but the font size in the exported file is smaller, back to size 38. 

I tried restarting the program, same result.  I have the most recent Premiere Pro update installed on Windows.

Also tried exporting as QuickTime - the captions size was correct but the captions were blurry.

I want to export as H264 with clear burnt in captions in the new font size (50). 

What is the solution or workaround?

P.S.  On another note, Adobe:  it would be extremely time saving if it were possible to change all captions in a timeline as "select all" instead of going through them one by one to change font size, or font color, etc.

Message was edited by: Katarzyna Kochany - added detail about attempting to export as QuickTime

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Thanks Ana.   I tried restarting the program, and restarting the computer.  Didn't work for me.

I did find another workaround, though.   Export as  H264 Match Source - High Bitrate - caption size stays the correct size. 

Then take that exported file, import it, create a new sequence from it, and export that new sequence as whatever other format      

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open captions are a real pita.

I restart the program to get the changes applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ana.   I tried restarting the program, and restarting the computer.  Didn't work for me.

I did find another workaround, though.   Export as  H264 Match Source - High Bitrate - caption size stays the correct size. 

Then take that exported file, import it, create a new sequence from it, and export that new sequence as whatever other format      

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can "select all" captions, instead of having to do just one at a time. You right click on the gray box between the preview caption and the caption and 'select all'. However, I'm having the exact same problem that Ana was having. I'm hoping unique_screenname1's solution works for me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm glad you found a way to make this work, but I have not seen this problem (burned in caption font exports as wrong size). I suspect an additional problem.

There is often the problem that changes made in your captions do not show in the Program Monitor or output. Or that burned in captions don't burn in at all.

Did you "duplicate" your caption stream at any point? That can cause a variety of problems.

You can select all captions n the Caption Panel by right click -> select all, or select any grouping with shift-click and control-click. (This since 2017 version.) You can't use Ctrl-A. You can't select multiple in the timeline.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines