• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open captions not visible after rendering (Premiere Pro 14.9 and earlier)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I'm new to the Captions option in Premier Pro. I have 4 caption clips on the timeline with multiple captions in them. I can see the captions in the program monitor and also see the style changes I made to the text. But when I render the footage on the timeline, the captions disappear. What could the issue be?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

An update solved this particular issue for a majority of our users. If you have similar issues with captions, kindly create a new post and do not create an additional post here. That would help us triage only existing issues, not ones that have been addressed.

Thank You,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 108 Replies 108
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just had the same issue, just make sure you render in and out before going into the export window, and make sure you select Burn captions into video from the captions tab in the export window.

I hope this solves your issue as it did to mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm just so happy that I figured this out by simple step as I fixed that but it was a while ago and that's stuck in my head that I can do it. Just simply turn the Input to Output in the export settings. That's it.

Best regards,

Lumut End

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, what to you mean by simply turn the input to output?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SteffP,

Did you ever solve this issue? If so, please let us know. For now, the solution will be for you and for everyone to file a bug. I am already advocating for fixes along these lines.

Thanks!
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - this was something from two years ago that resolved following an update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update solved this particular issue for a majority of our users. If you have similar issues with captions, kindly create a new post and do not create an additional post here. That would help us triage only existing issues, not ones that have been addressed.

Thank You,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

too late, but hope helps others, use the link:

https://youtu.be/J0ELzLSmkXs

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - my god ive been looking for this ! This is just stupid UI design - for most users these days - were everything needs to be titled for SoMe - this is terrible confusing and convoluted. The default should be burn in.
I garantee thats what 90 % of users who are subtitling in PP wants ! Something this important shouldnt be hidden away like this, and the default should be ON! Pls fix this - this has been causing so much grief for editors in so many years its quite frankly ridiculous... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines