• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open captions wont let me use my own font

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im doing some work for my company and we have our own font. When i start editing my Open captions i can see my installed font in the drop-down menu but when i select it it just does not change it (Well it changes to something similar to Arial)  if i make a text in a timeline the font works great. PS, AE  works without any problem.  So i thought it was an open captions Error, BUT. If i open the project on my Macbook pro i can find and edit the font without any problems.

Im editing mainly from a PC, macbook pro as secondary both running the latest version of PP

I have formatted the computer, reinstalled the font, reinstalled all Adobe software.

i just cant wrap my head around this.

Anyone have any idea whats going on?

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to this adobe blog, not every font is available for open captions.  Instead, open captions "selects one of the font families available on your system (Note: not every font is supported; if it’s unsupported, Premiere will use a default font)"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But why does it work on my laptop then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea why PPro would treat text within open captions on Mac and PC differently.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread seems to document your issue - even including a person who experiences the issue on PC but not on a Mac:  https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/open-captions-limited-support-of-fonts/td-p/10313106?pag...

Unfortunately, no solution at the end of the rainbow...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Matt is right.

The public Beta has a new caption workflow that is using the essential graphics engine. I believe this will solve all these oddities. So I don't expect any changes in the current caption system. Note that the Beta captions are not ready for primetime; some basic functions are not yet available.

Workaround in the current system depend on your workflow. After Effects scripts; if the piece were short, doing the final on your laptop.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines