Open captions

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a very big issue with fonts in open caption.

Please see my picture, you will see the difference between open captions and a simple graphic with text, same font, size etc, but the render is different.

I'm on Windows 10 and last version of Premiere, on MacOS the problem doesn't exist.

Please Help

TOPICS
Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

problem.jpg

 this is the picture 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had some issue, probably related to an install oddity. PR did not see the "Regular" variation on the font, but Windows did.

This is a variable type font face, which can be installed entire-family-from-one-file, so each variation from its own file.

In the "problem" install, setting both graphics text and caption text to Public Sans Black, they are very different. Black is much thicker.

From Windows, I uninstalled all of Public Sans and then installed just Public Sans Regular from its solo file.

It is available in PR for both graphics and caption text, but this time they appear the same. So I suspect that PR Caption text, which does not support all fonts supported by graphics text, may not handle variable fonts? But I really don't know.

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines