hello I try to open a mogrt file in premiere pro cc 2018. I can open this via essentials graphics but do not drag in the cut window. there is no error but I can not drag and drop the file into the window. Can anyone give me a hint what I can do?
Hi Besgmbh - From the Essential Graphics' Browse tab, click on the "Install" folder icon to import the .MOGRT into your panel. From there you can drag and drop the file into your timeline. In this tutorial is shows you how to import a .MOGRT: Free Olympics Sports Animated Title Pack for Premiere Pro CC + Tutorial - YouTube
I'm working in Premiere Pro CC 2019 on Windows 10. I've followed the instructions. The files are in my library, but I cannot import them into my timeline. What should i do?
I can't say for sure without having the mogrt you're using. But my guess is that the mogrt you are using is an Ae mogrt which requires dynamic link and therefore needs a newer version of Ae to be installed. What versions of Pr and Ae (if any) do you have installed?
For Premiere Pro, Ver. 13.1.2 (Build 9). For After Effects, Ver. 16.1.2 (Build 55).
Ok it looks like you have the versions you need... what did you mean by "the cut window"? Are you trying to drag into the Timeline panel, the program Monitor panel or somewhere else?
I think the person who mentioned "cut window" was the original one who asked the question. Basically, I followed the instructions for importing .MOGRT files, and added them to my library. When I try to drag them into the timeline, they won't go. This happened in both Premiere and After Effects.
do you have an already open sequence that you are dragging to?
My mistake. I did not look at the thread closely enough to tell that you are not the OP. But since you've been pretty responsive and it sounds like you are seeing the same thing, I have some questions for you:
(1) Can you send me the name and/or ID of the mogrt you used (and perhaps a screenshot of its thumbnail so I can tell what it looks like) so that I can license the same mogrt(s) and try it myself.
(2) Are you dragging them from the EGP > Browse tab or the Libraries panel? You mentioned trying this in AE so I think you are using the Libraries panel.
It appears you licensed it from the Stock web site into your Library, and are then trying to drag it into a sequence. Is that correct?
Thanks in advance for the add'l info.
I had the same the problem with the "File Not Supported" with the .MOGRT file.
My PP is Premiere Pro CC v.13.0
My AE is Adobe After Effect version 16.1.2
It says "This MOtion Graphic template is not compatible with this version of Premiere Pro. You must update to the latest version of Premiere Pro in order to use this template"
Thanks in advance!
For what it's worth, these are the new 4th of July-themed mogrt files that I downloaded this morning.
I know this is an old thread, but I am having the exact same problem, so thought I would tack onto this one.
I'm using CC for Mac 2018. My Premiere version is 12.1.2.
I don't have a lot of experience with MOGRTs, but after watching your excellent tutorial videos, I'm giving it a try. When I go to the Essential Graphics Panel, I see plenty of built in free templates, but only about 10% of them seem to work. Those 10% act as the tutorials say they should -- when I hover my mouse over them, I can see the demo animation and I'm able to drag it onto the timeline with no problem. For the other 90%, however, the thumbnails in the browse tab don't react when I hover the mouse, and when I try to drag them onto the timeline, I get the grayed out "nope" icon with a circle with a line through it.
I recorded a video several months ago when I first tried this, demonstrating how some templates work and some don't. Unfortunately, now I've found that most of the few templates that were working when I recorded that video are now no longer working.
I also tried buying the Adobe template "Simple Text Box." (AdobeStock_299388787) It showed up in my browser window, but then when I tried to install it, I got the error message "This Motion Graphics template is not compatible with this version of Premiere Pro." I wish the Adobe site had informed me before I plunked my money down that I needed a certain version to use the template.
At any rate, I still can't figure out why the majority of free templates that came included with Mac Premiere 2018 do not work. Not sure if it's a version issue, though I'm in the middle of a project right now with deadlines, so terrified to upgrade to a newer version.
Computer I'm using is a mid-2014 MacBook Pro. Other than the MOGRTs, the rest of Premiere seems to be operating fine.