• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open Subtitling Changing Size on Export

New Here ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've spent the time creating Open Subtitling for my eight minute long video and on export, when I select to Burn Captions into Video the formatting changes, so the subtitles that fit nicely within my 1080 x 1920 video size (intended for Instagram stories) are far too wide. 

Can someone help me figure out what I need to change without having to completely redo the subtitling/captions please?

Thanks so much!

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

I assume you are working in Premiere Pro 2020 or earlier -  not in the newer PR 2021 with the revised workflow.

Are you actually using Open Subtitles? Or are they Open Captions? In PR 2020 and earlier, Open Subtitles were a special form of closed captions and had very few styling options. Open Captions were designed to be burned in and allowed many styling options. To add confusion for users in the newest PR version, Open Captions are now called Subtitles and Open Subtitles no longer exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you are working in Premiere Pro 2020 or earlier -  not in the newer PR 2021 with the revised workflow.

Are you actually using Open Subtitles? Or are they Open Captions? In PR 2020 and earlier, Open Subtitles were a special form of closed captions and had very few styling options. Open Captions were designed to be burned in and allowed many styling options. To add confusion for users in the newest PR version, Open Captions are now called Subtitles and Open Subtitles no longer exist.

I cannot see the captions in your screenshot. See this post in a thread that discussed problems involved in 1080x1920 sequences:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/why-is-formatting-captions-being-really-difficult/m-p/11...

It would help to see your settings.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response! I figured this out by changing the Open Subtitles to Open Captions by scrolling right in the Project tab over the video info. The problem was this was set to the default 640x480. I had to adjust the position and font size universally for the Open Captions but that only took a moment and was better than redoing the whole thing!!

I had been frustrated not to find out where to Modify the Captions previously because right clicking in the Timeline on the caption did not give that option. 

I appreciate your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines